What was the last film you watched | Page 370 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

The Man With Two Brains.

Seen it a few times before but not in a while and always forget how funny it is.

"There it is, darling. Your new home. The House of Hfuhruhurr."

"What are those assholes doing on the porch?"

"haha. Those aren't assholes darling. It's pronounced 'azaleas'. "

Just managed to catch up with The Revenant starring Leonardo Di Caprio. Turged survivalist film after being ripped to shreds by a bear, he finally catches up with the man who killed his son.

Gruelling, but gripping.

Gold.

Based on a true story about a gold prospector who defrauds people of billions. Matthew Mcghounaghy. Decent enough. 6/10

Kong. Skull Island. Filled a couple of ours on the plane. A bit of a new take on the Kong theme.

Miss Potter, it was pissing down yesterday and the Mrs had it on and I actually enjoyed it, would I have picked it to watch, not in a million years.

Deano this is a must for Buddy......... Zootopia

From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman), a wily fox who makes her job even harder.

Watched it with the grand kids last night.....

Calvary - inspired by Deano's film world cup I decided to rewatch the best film ever. It's awesome in the true meaning of the word.

BodyButter - 3/8/2017 01:51

Calvary - inspired by Deano's film world cup I decided to rewatch the best film ever. It's awesome in the true meaning of the word.

I re-watched that a few months ago myself. It is a great film alright. Great characters.

I wish there was more films like that around that I could watch, I'm refusing to watch any more comic book movies or big blockbusters, sick of them completely.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 4/8/2017 10:36

BodyButter - 3/8/2017 01:51

I re-watched that a few months ago myself. It is a great film alright. Great characters.

I wish there was more films like that around that I could watch, I'm refusing to watch any more comic book movies or big blockbusters, sick of them completely.

I assume there are more films like Calvary out there but I don't know how to find them.

I voted for Goodfellas in the poll but it's just a film. It's a great story and very well told but it's just entertainment.

Pulp Fiction - long and boring. What's the point of all of the stuff with Mia Wallace and Bruce Willis? The film is about an hour too long and has story lines that don't go anywhere. Was Bruce Willis in there just to kill Vincent for not repenting?

The jury is still out on Tarrantino for me.

Baby Driver - it's a good film. I enjoyed it but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. It's more 7.5 than 8.2 for me.

American Sniper - I avoided it when it came out because of the criticism that it's pro-war. I can see that people might want to be like Chris Kyle and get themselves a huge funeral but I don't think it does glorify war. There is nothing glamorous about the war scenes.

It's a good film. Well worth watching.

Fast And The Furious 8. Gets more ridiculous each time. Great fun.

Life... alien lifeform on a starship killing astronauts. Been done a 1000 times. Bit boring really.

BodyButter - 7/8/2017 01:13

American Sniper - I avoided it when it came out because of the criticism that it's pro-war. I can see that people might want to be like Chris Kyle and get themselves a huge funeral but I don't think it does glorify war. There is nothing glamorous about the war scenes.

Cheers BB. I've also avoided seeing this. I'm just a bit fed up of the US army saving the world. All the stars and stripes, national anthem worshipping, flag loving is too much.

I might give it a go now.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 8/8/2017 17:00

BodyButter - 7/8/2017 01:13

Cheers BB. I've also avoided seeing this. I'm just a bit fed up of the US army saving the world. All the stars and stripes, national anthem worshipping, flag loving is too much.

I might give it a go now.

I'm not sure why it got such a strong reaction in the US. I got the impression that it's Team America but not a comedy but it's not like that. It's the story of a guy tearing himself apart to maintain his values of patriotism, family and loyalty. Clint Eastwood is a very good director who makes very nuanced films but his voice got drowned out in the hysteria.

I wasn't aware American Sniper got that reaction, I didn't find it very pro-war or patriotic when I watched it. Everytime he came back from duty he seemed a little more gone. If anything it shows the psychological effects of war.

Alien: Covenant

Only got around to see this the other day despite being a big fan the originals. This prequel series is starting to go somewhere now eventually, there was so many questions after Prometheus.

It's made me want to watch Prometheus again and then Covenant again after it.

I think it will be hard to properly judge these movies until the last one (the final bridge to 1979's Alien) has come out. But I've enjoyed them so far.

Gold - it's okay. I think Mathew McConahay is the wrong man for the role. He had to ugly himself up to fit the part but they could have hired an uglier actor.

I watched Gold a while back, thought it was decent and interesting because it was based on a true story.

Then I found out afterwards it was only very loosely based on something similiar. It might as well have been fiction. Felt it was a waste of time then.