What was the last film you watched | Page 356 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

We've decided to watch 1 xmas film a week from now until xmas.

We play a board game first to see who gets to choose.

Last night I won Logo Quiz, and so chose Scrooged.

Not as good as I remember. Amber got bored and left half way through (to be fair she always does, attention span of a meerkat).

Nice idea for a family night that though... you should lock the door and make them win it when you've won the game though.

Am I being a bit too extreme !??! lol

Mississippi Grind - it's not that good. It meanders along without much point and the ending feels incomplete. It got 6.3 on IMDB which seems generous to me. I guess if you like Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds, you'll enjoy it more than I did.

Croupier - I think it's from 1998 or 1999. Clive Owen stars in a film noir style film about a croupier/writer narrating himself through the film. It's decent but not amazing.

Thursday - Bad Santa 2.

Hard to praise or criticise really. Can't praise it coz it's just like the original which seems lazy. But then, can't criticise it as it's just like the original, which I love. All in all 90 minutes of sex and swearing, and some funny moments.

Friday - Sully

True story about the guy who landed the plane on the Hudson river. Good film. Really interesting to find out he wasn't considered a hero straight away and they were actually trying to pin blame on him.

Saturday - War Dogs.

Brilliant. Loved it. Similar in style to Wolf of Wall Street, but not as good or as funny, but still well worth a watch,

Sicario - good film. From the poster I thought it was something about space.

It's interesting how modern drug war films paint the CIA as taking sides in the war.

Green Room - a punk band witness murder in a Neo Nazi club house and have to fight for their lives. It's pretty good. Patrick Stuart is in it as a baddie.

The Villain (Cactus Jack)

1979 Western comedy starring Kirk Douglas and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I always thought of Arnie as starting out in Muscle Building films, then the 2 Conan Films, then Terminator being his big break.

Never dreamt he'd have done a spoof western before that, and you'd imagine it would be awful but I really like it.

Ok it's no Blazing Saddles but it was enjoyable enough.

Good old Arnie!

DeanoVilla - 28/11/2016 15:31

Sully

True story about the guy who landed the plane on the Hudson river. Good film. Really interesting to find out he wasn't considered a hero straight away and they were actually trying to pin blame on him.

Watched the other night, yeah, good film. Amazing that they were looking for fault in his decision makings.

The Mechanic.
Jason (no relation to Derek) Statham
Not, as I had expected, about cars.
Lots of death and gore, amusing although not meant to be , I still enjoyed it as a bit of fun.

Talk about coincidence.

Watched The Villain yesterday and today found out that Kirk Douglas has just turned 100.

Happy Birthday Kirk!

Need for Speed

Big on budget, small on story-line. High octane brainless fun. Worth watching but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Snowden

Pretty good, but I'd already seen the CitizenFour documentary so it's just a moviefied version of that, although it does go back through his CIA days etc.