What positions do we still need to fill? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What positions do we still need to fill?

Someone on Facebook claims some Charlton fans have said that Eaves has been told by Bowyer that he's not what they want.

Wasn't Oldaker's problem that having broken into the first team he felt he had 'made it' and so stopped working hard any more? At least I believe that was SL's statement around that time.

You know I would keep Aron Simpson as I think he could be a good player he needs to go out on loan and get more game time in men’s football I think he’s good enough for league two at the moment he just needs s break

Steve Evans on the official Facebook page,says we may have more signings over the weekend, because if players he wants to move on, go, we will be down to about 15 players and he needs to get it up to about 20. I suspect come July 1st there will be more coming in

Would a big name signing get you singing Evans praises?
My problem with Evans is his personal behaviour not his results so no .I did ask for a refund on my season ticket. To which the club made no response. I have since dicide to keep it .I will go if I am free .But I will not be supporting Evans but my team since the mid seventies.I still doubt Evans will last .The bubble will burst as soon as he hasn't the funds to replace Eaves. Or soon after when the punt of a replacement falls short.

Would a big name signing get you singing Evans praises?
My other problem is more Scally who has appointed someone who he is almost certainly going to have a bust up with very soon.That I am willing to say oh well if Scally is that much of a idiot it's his downfall. So that is largely put to rest .Apart from the fact that it will almost certainly cost those fans left more money.

See SE has said that the reason Aaron Simpson is leaving because he didn't feel he got a fair crack under SL last season.

I think he got a fair crack last season. Under SE he will get just as fair a crack and will get less playing time.

My problem with Evans is his personal behaviour not his results so no .I did ask for a refund on my season ticket. To which the club made no response. I have since dicide to keep it .I will go if I am free .But I will not be supporting Evans but my team since the mid seventies.I still doubt Evans will last .The bubble will burst as soon as he hasn't the funds to replace Eaves. Or soon after when the punt of a replacement falls short.

Let it go Chris !

He has been appointed as manager and will be so, until he is not.

All football managers are transient.

Maybe it will six months, maybe six years.

The only thing guaranteed is that at some time he will leave/get sacked.

You are starting to sound like some of the Remoaners who still haven't come to terms with the Brexit vote three years ago.

Steve Evans comments after the Faversham game -

“We still need, for me, two strikers and maybe one other defender and maybe one other left sided player. We have two or three very special kids and that’s credit to the academy. Jack Tucker and Joe Walsh will be around for a while; I didn’t expect them to have that quality.”

Nice to hear his comments about the youngsters. Good also to see Garmston and Reilly on the pitch yesterday. Some thought they might be on the outer, but sounds like they played well, especially Reilly.

Steve Evans comments after the Faversham game -

“We still need, for me, two strikers and maybe one other defender and maybe one other left sided player. We have two or three very special kids and that’s credit to the academy. Jack Tucker and Joe Walsh will be around for a while; I didn’t expect them to have that quality.”

Nice to hear his comments about the youngsters. Good also to see Garmston and Reilly on the pitch yesterday. Some thought they might be on the outer, but sounds like they played well, especially Reilly.
Yes I think we are short at left back now Simpson has left. Fuller turned his ankle in the warm up so wasn’t risked, that left Garmston who managed 58 mins, but seems unlikely he could last a full 90 over several games so makes sense we get someone else in who can play there.