What - no football ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What - no football ?

I live about 10 minutes from Crabble (Dovers ground). They are in real trouble with disgruntled season ticket holders, poor on pitch performance and poor crowds (ring a bell)?
Not for me.
Where's home? I'm in Deal.

Rochdale wear much the same colours as us currently on ITV.
I quite like their kit it is made by Errea who make my local non league team kits they appear to be decent quality and I believe they have some good designs having looked at their site .

Two games over the weekend. Yesterday attended the Blackburn Rovers v PNE derby game - good contest and, even though both teams each have more bitter rivals ( Rovers - Burnley; PNE - Blackpool), there was still a good derby atmosphere. Impressed by Rovers` pre-match Fan Zone and other entertainment stuff going on o/side the ground (even though it was peeing down) They also had bus loads of kids (appx 1K) from all over the area being entertained and hosted and directed to their own (freebie) seating area inside the ground. Blackburn look pretty solid. Bradley Dack will likely be back for them within a few weeks. Rovers won 1-0.

Today, I had the pleasure of attending Manchester United`s Premier 2 fixture v Blackburn. Very enjoyable and interesting to be at such close quarters. United had some exceptional young talent on display - the most impressive being 17 year old Shola Shoretire - wow - what a talent ! He`s already made his debut for Man Utd`s first team and he certainly looks like a future England international. Their 18 year old LB, Alvaro Fernandez, was also very impressive - kept thinking what a great job he`d do for the Gills :p !! Man Utd won 4-0 (though , tbf, that scoreline flattered them a bit. Rover`s big young CB, Haydon Carter, looked very good - he played most of last season on loan at Burton Albion - similar player to Robbie Cundy; love to see either of them play alongside Jack Tucker .

Two games over the weekend. Yesterday attended the Blackburn Rovers v PNE derby game - good contest and, even though both teams each have more bitter rivals ( Rovers - Burnley; PNE - Blackpool), there was still a good derby atmosphere. Impressed by Rovers` pre-match Fan Zone and other entertainment stuff going on o/side the ground (even though it was peeing down) They also had bus loads of kids (appx 1K) from all over the area being entertained and hosted and directed to their own (freebie) seating area inside the ground. Blackburn look pretty solid. Bradley Dack will likely be back for them within a few weeks. Rovers won 1-0.

Today, I had the pleasure of attending Manchester United`s Premier 2 fixture v Blackburn. Very enjoyable and interesting to be at such close quarters. United had some exceptional young talent on display - the most impressive being 17 year old Shola Shoretire - wow - what a talent ! He`s already made his debut for Man Utd`s first team and he certainly looks like a future England international. Their 18 year old LB, Alvaro Fernandez, was also very impressive - kept thinking what a great job he`d do for the Gills :p !! Man Utd won 4-0 (though , tbf, that scoreline flattered them a bit. Rover`s big young CB, Haydon Carter, looked very good - he played most of last season on loan at Burton Albion - similar player to Robbie Cundy; love to see either of them play alongside Jack Tucker .
I suppose that depends on where Jack Tucker ends up next season 😉

Just watched Shola Shoretire on you tube a incredible talent.

Anyone going to Ebbsfleet (v Bath) today ?

Or, with so many games called off is it a case of a bit of Xmas shopping ?
Unusually for me, I shall not be attending any games today - mainly because I just can`t be arsed !

Would like to travel to the Gills v Ipswich game but it`s too risky booking anything atm - and besides there are no trains scheduled to run on Boxing Day. So, my next game will be Boxing Day Fylde v Chorley and the opening of the latest new stand at Fylde`s Mill Farm. Fabulous stand but I don`t know how they`re going to fill it after its baptism in the local derby - it`s all a mystery to me - beautiful ground - no fans !

Gills at Wigan will hopefully be my next GFC game - looking forward to it already...

So, what you guys up to today ??????

Had a lie in, bacon and egg sandwich, 4.2 mile run along the beach, finished off last nights chinese, now chilling in the bath before getting my booster at 3:40. No football for me, unless there is a game on the tv later.

Was going out for a piss up with work tonight, however that has gone from roughly 100 attendees to 3 in the space of a week. Even the ones who organised it aren’t bothering.

For the optimistic fans on this board Sky Bet are offering odds of 200/1 on Gills finishing in the top half of League 1 !

Went to Redhill, found out their game was cancelled, so went to Merstham instead, just north of Redhill. They had Barry Hayles as a sub, player/assistant manager! They were Isthmian Prem so not a bad standard at all.

Proper lazy day, found reasons to not go to the gym and did next to nothing.

Shrewsbury winning wasn't ideal - 5 points from safety now. Unless something major happens in January that's looking quite the gap.
I am starting to think Shrewsbury will be safe this season they had a player sent off after 40 minutes and still managed to win today .They are starting to put enough together to suggest they will be clear of relegation. Morecambe and Fleetwood was far mote in our range at present. Lincoln also are dropping in the mix which has surprised me.