What is the point ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What is the point ?

Anyone else wondering why we spent most of our transfer kitty on sara? Hes not being played hardly and when he has im yet to see what that anount of money has been spent on in comparison to nunez who looks a real talent, at this level atleast?!

The madness of the Premier League . Chelsea sack Tuchel who won the the Champions League and the Club World Cup for them . I thought you couldn't achieve anything higher than that , so what do Chelsea want to achieve ? Meanwhile ……back in Norfolk we happily plod on with the Smiffs, Smudge and Dora !

Well Chelsea spent 221 million though Tuchel apparently had a little say and he was on his bike anyway regardless of losing this morning. So the question is - do high value players mean success - nope, and low value players also dont mean success. But they can be the low cost high return gems I guess as well as expensive flops. Seems like football players ability is highly dependent upon the team tactics, like single up front striker on is own can have a doddle of a day if not fed right. Man C have Harland and City have Onel. I find it quite beguiling strange that the Chelseas and Man C's who have the pinnacle of success then buy new players and the experts they have arent even close to losing their ability. More money than sense?.

Anyone else wondering why we spent most of our transfer kitty on sara? Hes not being played hardly and when he has im yet to see what that anount of money has been spent on in comparison to nunez who looks a real talent, at this level atleast?!
Like tzolis all over again

The logic of what has been said here is inescapable. There is little point earning a place in the Premier League only to allow ourselves to go back down because we didn't make a serious attempt to stay up.
The only thing we gain is to earn money from our stay and the parachute payments to ease to pain of yet another relegation. How that money magically disappears when it comes to investment in the squad escapes me.:hmmm:
But. A small part of me yearns for that little touch of magic that somehow against the run of play we pull it off and manage to stay in the top flight for long enough to establish our tenure. There are teams in the Premier League that do not have the skills and ability of our players and yet season after season they manage to cling onto the ladder. Imo they do it by playing anti football; hacking and fouling their way do an undeserved victory and being allowed to get away with it by officials who seem to have a different agenda to the principles of fair play.
If ever our club went down that road, I would be handing back my season ticket faster than you could say "Delia Out".
Nevertheless, I just can't get it out of my green and yellow head that we might manage to stay up without compromising our integrity. Stupid, I know But, it remains stuck there like a kid with his head in the railings.

I agree with all of you thoughts Rex and IF we were to be promoted again ( I do not wish to even comment on that until after watching the game tomorrow ) then the pressure would be on the club to do something different to the last 2 survival attempts.

If the club are serious about promotion then the planning should already be under way. Problem is the Ownership, Sporting Director and Manager are the majority of the reasons for the failure to make any serious attempt for staying in Premier League and Turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

So lets address the issues of the big 3.

Ownership. The Americans need to completely take over the club and invest a sensible but realistic amount of cash for players.

Sporting Director. He and his wife need to be shown the door before we even get close to the January window.

Manager. He should also be shown the door even if we do get promoted as he is very close to ' anti football ' and could be grouped together with Bruce , Allardyce and Warnock in the old fashioned and out of touch category of management.

Owners who care but can afford sensible investment, a Sporting Director who uses the money well and a Manager who gets the best out of the good players he is provided with could just give us a chance.

Last edited:
And thats the rub - we always have a "chance" in others eyes becuase we all start off on zero equally but its an unrealistic chance based on the last two forays upstairs. Its proven it doesnt work so I agree with DG, we have to have a change to provide us with that realistic chance - not that the pundits would ever do anything except mark us for guaranteed straight back down. Who cares what they say anyway, its never relevant and only goes to serve their ego and justification.

If I recall rightly, the pundits claimed we would go straight down, when we were promoted under Lambert.

They always select promoted clubs for relegation.

I recall a very good podcast by the Binner supporter with long barnet
( sorry forget his name ) who is very good, doing mathematical based
chances of newly promoted clubs staying up.
I recall it getting less and less as money talks louder.

It is Benjamin Bloom

Last edited:
I see Kjetil Knutsen, who was linked with our job when DF was sacked in the favourite to take the Brighton job.