Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Football

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • All of em

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Zen master, none of em

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
This 'thick' tag is like catnip to those un-reconciled rejoiners, reinforcing both their claims of superior understanding and their contempt for the uneducated masses, who dared to vote against the settled view of almost the entire intellectual establishment.

Why should the pond life that dragged itself from the estates to the ballot box be allowed to ruin everything for the rest of us, eh?

Those with lower educational qualifications were more likely to be among voters who felt pushed back in the queue for public services as a result of unchecked migration from the 27 other EU nations, or sensed that their earning power had been squeezed for similar reasons.

The ones with a higher education might have been thinking of the ability to buy a property in Italy without paying a special tax, or of his children’s opportunity to study at a French university for the same price as the locals.

In that sense, the working-class and the middle-class voter are no different: both were acting rationally according to their own perceived self-interest.

But I suppose 'thick' and 'racist' are a bit more catchy.

They are thick & racist though.

Watch any interview with people on the streets about why they voted leave & all you will get is thick people spouting racism.

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist but everyone who is racist voted for Brexit

If Blair's Labour had listened to their concerns years ago then maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. If Corbyn's labour hadn't championed the 'immigration is good' line because mass immigration benefits the middle class bougy lefties that Corbyn so relied on, then maybe his Labour wouldn't have been seen to be betraying the working class.

So immigration is the cause of racism, not that racists will blame anyone but themselves for their woes?

with young people and those that are finding this tough because they’re healthy.

They have no idea about tough do they, I mean seriously, this is thier first test and they are failing like the melting snowflakes we said they were. And they are thick, despite the q's they may have. I had a trainee in recently, nice kid... left him with a call to make to the uk for me.. Came back hour later hes still sitting by the phone! Im like wassappp?
He couldnt call uk because there wasnt a + on the landline.

So immigration is the cause of racism, not that racists will blame anyone but themselves for their woes?
Both are true.
Sure, there are poor racists who grow up racist and will be forever racist, and will blame absolutely everything on race issues.
There are also people who have seen their communities ripped apart by mass immigration and have been driven to blame both the immigrants and every single political party for allowing it to happen. This is an issue that the middle/upper classes literally cannot understand. They have never seen it happen, and they can't even fully understand the notion of working class community to begin with, so there's no hope of them being understanding about those communities being destroyed.
Most working class people I know aren't racist anyway, its probably a larger percentage than in the middle class, but not by that much. The label of dumb and racist just an easy way for bougy leftists to not have to bother listening to other people's problems as usual.
They'd rather turn away from class politics to something where the middle class can play the victim, like trans issues or whatever, and label the poor as lost causes.

thats true, it isnt really racism perhaps, its self importance or something and literally fook 'anybody' else thats possible to blame.

We all have prejudices, Fat folk have always done my head in but I still realise its a prejudice and dont blame them for thier fat kids.. Oh, I do don't I? I guess we are all ists of a kind and to varying degrees.

Both are true.
Sure, there are poor racists who grow up racist and will be forever racist, and will blame absolutely everything on race issues.
There are also people who have seen their communities ripped apart by mass immigration and have been driven to blame both the immigrants and every single political party for allowing it to happen. This is an issue that the middle/upper classes literally cannot understand. They have never seen it happen, and they can't even fully understand the notion of working class community to begin with, so there's no hope of them being understanding about those communities being destroyed.
Most working class people I know aren't racist anyway, its probably a larger percentage than in the middle class, but not by that much. The label of dumb and racist just an easy way for bougy leftists to not have to bother listening to other people's problems as usual.
They'd rather turn away from class politics to something where the middle class can play the victim, like trans issues or whatever, and label the poor as lost causes.

maybe im a bougy leftist. hmmm. Tho hardcore working class I cant be doing listening to all the problems.. Poverty and opportunity yes, but depression and loneliness and how tough life is with only 10gb broadband is , mehhhh, does anybody want to listen to all that

maybe im a bougy leftist. hmmm. Tho hardcore working class I cant be doing listening to all the problems.. Poverty and opportunity yes, but depression and loneliness and how tough life is with only 10gb broadband is , mehhhh, does anybody want to listen to all that
It ain't your job to listen to people's problems. That's the politicians and activists job, although you wouldn't know it.

They have no idea about tough do they, I mean seriously, this is thier first test and they are failing like the melting snowflakes we said they were. And they are thick, despite the q's they may have. I had a trainee in recently, nice kid... left him with a call to make to the uk for me.. Came back hour later hes still sitting by the phone! Im like wassappp?
He couldnt call uk because there wasnt a + on the landline.

Did you give him a person to call within the UK or did you just say “ring the UK for me?”

Did you give him a person to call within the UK or did you just say “ring the UK for me?”

I probably didnt actually state what country, I gave him the telephone number lol So much for having Google assistant in yer pocket or whatever. He'd come to life if you mentioned Minecraft or summat mind, so maybe there reason to be optimistic for him

I probably didnt actually state what country, I gave him the telephone number lol So much for having Google assistant in yer pocket or whatever. He'd come to life if you mentioned Minecraft or summat mind, so maybe there reason to be optimistic for him

Plot twist - the genius had found the number himself, concluded the negotiation with your UK contact, who was @AdebolaCornflakes and wants a job in trap 2.

Interestingly I was the only one that put Brexit.. (in that moment at least) perhaps a slightly different perspective being an immigrant than many.
Covid life on a personal level is manageable tho it's clearly far more an issue.
Football, well, I do admit that Ive questioned whether its worth bothering with us anymore, despite the love theres no friendship in the relationship at the moment. Wolves n Fester n co doing well make it even worse.
It needs a big spark.. Tho there will never be a mistress of course