What Do You Think Of It So Far? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What Do You Think Of It So Far?

Suffolk, gutted to hear that this morning mate :( so sad to see you go but your health has to come first and before football and this forum. Thoughts and prayers with you during this difficult time and I hope you get better soon. I speak on behalf of all when I say you're more than welcome back should you be able to. You will be sorely missed. All the very best SC.

Suffolk. Health is more important than anything else. I hope that you recover from your illness soon and get back on the forum when you are able as you will be sorely missed.
Wishing you all the best. DG

That is sad to hear SC. All the best and please keep us updated and remember the family is always here for you.

OK OK OK - we've now had this new set-up for a while and the common frustrations are still there

Main one is that when you look at the forum threads list, we always just picked the thread and the posts were in descending chronological order. (latest first on Page 1). Easy.

Now when you pick a thread, it opens the first page first historical post because they have been set to ascending chronological order (earliest first latest last). Habit of many years is to pick the post, not some tiny box down the bottom right hand corner with some higher that 1 number in it.

So we're loading two pages to get to the latest post and its bloody frustrating. Not only that it brings with it the defunct use of the back button as it returns to Page 1, so two picks to get back to the forum page.

This is not a natural way to pick threads, having to peer into its title to see what little tiny squares exist.

Strangely the forum threads are in descending chronological order but the threads in ascending order. That's ridiculous, inconsistent.

Why is it the common thing when programmer nerds get to "update" a page or a program they always manage to go backwards on the basic simplest common sense usage, totally out of touch with simplicity and obviosity.

We dont design grass inside a circle because the people will shortcut the path and the grass will always look crap with a well worn brown strip through it. Thats bad design to do that. The little boxes are bad design and have no consideration for those with impaired eyesight.

Please fix it - its added frustration to the use of the site and this has affected another of our crew enough from regular visits.

Sorry Mr. Programmer - its a fail.

Hi Steve, I’ve passed your concerns on to Vital HQ to see if there’s anything they can do...

JP Fear has passed this on to their Tech guys but he wasn’t too hopeful much could be done. This is the forum package they bought, rather than designed, and it might just be a case of accepting its different to the old one. From my point of view, the site is so much better than it was and much easier for me to write and edit. I know I don’t use the forum as much as you guys though...