What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 197 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Not going well today. Already an hour and a half late taking my lunch, only to find someone has eaten my sandwich from the canteen fridge and left me with a dodgy looking chicken and sweetcorn effort, 3 days past the use by date. :mad:

I thought that would get your attention!

Basically, fried off with a little oil in a pan. I had mine with fresh-pressed orange juice and sugar, Mrs N. with golden syrup.

Interesting! That's certainly how I would have a pancake, but I've only eaten oatcakes as a savoury. How did they compare with a "normal" pancake?

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try

Did you buy the oatcakes or make them from a mix?

We got a batch from the company you posted up on here and froze some. They freeze really well. We also got some mixes but haven't tried those yet.

We got a batch from the company you posted up on here and froze some. They freeze really well. We also got some mixes but haven't tried those yet.

Yes, I finished my last ones out of the freezer last weekend, and they were fine. I sent a pack to my granddaughter in Manchester a couple of weeks ago (an extra for her birthday - the girls love them, just with cheese and tomato ketchup) to make with my son (he was reluctant to buy the mix due to the additional postage cost), and they came back with rave reviews

I've also had a look at recipes to do myself, and they all seem to need yeast, but I may give some a go. I've also bought some buckwheat to give galettes a try - a variation on the savoury theme