What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 385 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Back to the foodie thread!

Tamarind and chilli prawns with sticky rice, followed by a small slice of (very rich) hazelnut cheesecake. Unfeasibly optimistic Provence rose to drink, trying to pretend it's nearly springtime despite evidence to the contrary....

We tried a new recipe recently, stuffed a couple of chicken breasts with sliced pepperoni, red pesto and mozzarella, sprinkled with Cajun spice and then wrapped with bacon and cooked in the oven for about 40 mins ( they were quite big). Really tasty, served with sliced baked potatoes and salad

Last edited:
Made a bit too much pastry for above pie (this is a habit of mine!), thus froze the unused bits. Thinks aloud: perhaps I could make a lemon meringue pie with said leftover pastry.... Mr Hither agreed and that was that! And very nice it was too.

Roast chicken and all trimmings today.

Had a bout of domestic goddessery today (I am almost certainly trying to avoid doing something less appealing #procrastibaking).

Cinnamon and almond cake, two no-churn ice creams (chestnut and salted caramel bourbon), beef rendang for dinner, lamb and apricot tagine for later in the week. It became clear that I had completely lost the plot when I decided to make a batch of marmalade as well...

My turn to cook tonight so it was a version of chicken chow mein.
Very quick to do using pak Choi, egg noodles, garlic, bean shoots, sugar snap peas, spring onion, and peanuts all stir fried with a mixture of mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil……Mrs E approved

Sausages and baked potatoes tonight (unless Mr Hither gets back from a busy day in London and decides he wants a takeaway curry...) Tamarind and chilli prawns with spring onion, ginger and sweetcorn rice tomorrow, passionfruit cheesecake and a bottle of white to go with.

It was a curry in the end!

Roast chicken with all trimmings (and yes, that includes the sprouts) tonight with a bottle of Viognier to go with. I am definitely avoiding doing something boring (that would be creating a presentation slide deck for tomorrow, I suspect), as have just made a batch of chilli-spiced tomato and red pepper chutney.... The cat was objecting loudly to the vinegary smells! :grinning:😾