West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O | Page 27 | Vital Football

West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O

Said yesterday a draw would feel like a win given our record against them so can't really complain.

Struggling to understand how an elite level manager still can't see Konsa at RB is absolutely awful every time. Not Konsa himself but just the idea of it and how it effects the team. Keeps doing it. Never works.

Still don't get the Duran hype.

Diaby much better again today. Well worth a start next game.

Hard slog but we got the point.

Said yesterday a draw would feel like a win given our record against them so can't really complain.

Struggling to understand how an elite level manager still can't see Konsa at RB is absolutely awful every time. Not Konsa himself but just the idea of it and how it effects the team. Keeps doing it. Never works.

Still don't get the Duran hype.

Diaby much better again today. Well worth a start next game.

Hard slog but we got the point.
Duran was worth a punt - Zaniolo will be worth a punt next game - I’d start with the team that finished the game

I’ll take 1-1 draw all things considered, an iffy performance, team decimated by injuries/suspensions, 2 goals against us disallowed so to get a point and to end the week further ahead of Spurs is actually pretty decent. Until players return every game is going to be dogfight, just need to keep grinding out results and stay ahead of Man U and hope 5th place is enough for CL

I think we just need to stagger over the line in the league. 5th will probably get us champions league and I think 4/5 wins gets us that due to the lead we've got over Utd.

Injuries have drained us second half of the season but we've still not fallen apart. Beat wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth at home. Then another couple of wins out of Chelsea at home and Brighton/Palace away. We can do it but it'll take a huge effort from a squad that has already given a lot.
I feel the same way. Unai just needs to grind out results at this stage. We may have fallen apart vs Spurs but this team has shown a huge amount of resiliency in the face of big injuries this year.

If we can pull 5 wins out of the bag we should be fine.

Duran was worth a punt - Zaniolo will be worth a punt next game - I’d start with the team that finished the game
We don't have 3 senior midfielders available to play our normal system so yeah we needed to try something different, but the Duran-Watkins 4-4-2 experiment didn't work so hopefully we won't see it again. 4-2-3-1 with Rogers or Zaniolo as #10 and Bailey / Diaby wide is probably a better option... or taking a gamble on Iroegbunam

Cash has been superb the last two games not sure he deserves the criticism he gets. We look much better balanced and Ezri can play his best position. For the next game I'd start with the team that finished the game
Agreed, not sure why Emery keeps playing Konsa there, doesn't give us what cash does moving forward, and he (Konsa) looks unnatural there.
Give them both credit though, Konsa gets on with it even when played there, and Matty gives his all when he's brought on.

I think Ramsey will be be back and also think Rogers did OK.

I'd start the team that finished with the exception of Ramsey or Rogers for Zaniolio.

Think he's better as an impact sub.
I worry Ramsey won’t be fit now - that’s why I didn’t include him - players back from injury will give us a huge boost

All the media clips I've seen on Twitter clearly show a deliberate arm movement by Soucek and that's after he fouled Konsa.

Still, it took 6 minutes to decide while our clear penalty wasn't even considered looking at by VAR. Dinasaour Moyes can moan as much as he likes which I suppose is understandable when you are fighting to keep your job.

I would have taken a draw before kick-off so can't complain but I can do without the nerves as now every game has become like a cup final.

All this drama would never happen if we had truly world class players whose mere presence on the pitch would win us game after game all by themselves :ROFLMAO:

A good point in the end. Thought we started quite well but faded badly as the first half wore on. Much better in the second half,controlled most of it really, subs had a big impact and fully deserved our point. Once we scored, thought we could well go on to win it tbh. Shout out for Matty Cash, seems to get a lot of stick from some but thought he was excellent when he came on. Diaby continues to look sharper and play with more confidence which is really good to see as the crunch time of the season looms and Zaniolo deserves credit for sticking his chance away.
Mr Gillett was as useless as ever…he just never looks in control and seems so easily influenced. Just glad VAR did what it’s there for at the death but after just seeing the handball on getting back home why the hell it took so long is mystifying.
Hate West Ham’s ground..give me Upton Park any day of the week. Far too far away from the bloody pitch…I’d hate going there every week! And no wonder they’re frustrated with Moyes. So negative second half. Would have been a totally undeserved winner. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s not there at the start of next season.
All in all, it’s been a decent week after last weekend’s disappointment. We’ve bounced back again after a set back. Full credit to Unai and the boys. Bring on the Dingles! Time to finally put them in their place again.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention the hand ball….another one the useless tosser missed both on the pitch and in the van! How many like that have been given this season?! Seriously, not a bloody clue what they’re doing most of the time.