West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O | Page 26 | Vital Football

West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O

Zaniolo should have been sent off. Despite the goal, he is still a player who looks like he doesn't understand what his team mates are trying to do.

We look better with Cash at RB though. I get that he is probably the biggest weakness in our first XI but he is still the only RB at the club. We don't look right with Konsa in there.
Cash adds to midfield from RB - needed with Mcginn out

I think we just need to stagger over the line in the league. 5th will probably get us champions league and I think 4/5 wins gets us that due to the lead we've got over Utd.

Injuries have drained us second half of the season but we've still not fallen apart. Beat wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth at home. Then another couple of wins out of Chelsea at home and Brighton/Palace away. We can do it but it'll take a huge effort from a squad that has already given a lot.

Zaniolo should have been sent off. Despite the goal, he is still a player who looks like he doesn't understand what his team mates are trying to do.

We look better with Cash at RB though. I get that he is probably the biggest weakness in our first XI but he is still the only RB at the club. We don't look right with Konsa in there.
Zaniolo does have that X factor tho

I think we just need to stagger over the line in the league. 5th will probably get us champions league and I think 4/5 wins gets us that due to the lead we've got over Utd.

Injuries have drained us second half of the season but we've still not fallen apart. Beat wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth at home. Then another couple of wins out of Chelsea at home and Brighton/Palace away. We can do it but it'll take a huge effort from a squad that has already given a lot.

We are definitely creaking now. We need to get some players back fit, especially midfielders.

Cash has been superb the last two games not sure he deserves the criticism he gets. We look much better balanced and Ezri can play his best position. For the next game I'd start with the team that finished the game

Cash has been superb the last two games not sure he deserves the criticism he gets. We look much better balanced and Ezri can play his best position. For the next game I'd start with the team that finished the game

MOTM for me.

Story of 3 handballs, west ham globe trotters put two in using the arm and blatant handball in the first half, arm out stops Baileys cross, how is that not a penalty?
As for Zaniolo, well, this is the type of game I love seeing him play, he knows how to rag up the opposition but once again, Emery made the changes and they worked!

I mentioned yesterday that i like Bailey and Diaby on the pitch at the same time.

Add Cash into the mix and it causes lots of teams issues down their left hand side (where i think most of our success came)

Phew. Feels like a big point tbh. Lets forget Konsa at RB now. And ffs start Digne. Said it recently he is form wise ahead of Moreno. And I get told but attacking down the left....
What was lacking down the left side when Digne came on?. Nothing. And I'd argue it was better than the first half by some way.

Story of 3 handballs, west ham globe trotters put two in using the arm and blatant handball in the first half, arm out stops Baileys cross, how is that not a penalty?
As for Zaniolo, well, this is the type of game I love seeing him play, he knows how to rag up the opposition but once again, Emery made the changes and they worked!

At this point, I don't even know what a handball is anymore. How can you defend with your arm out like that? I've seen lots of players, including ours, putting both arms behind their backs when defending one on one. It looks completely unnatural but they are trying to prevent giving away a handball.

If they stopped messing around with the rules all the time, football would be better for it.

I thought we were good second half and looked the only team likely to win it . Still a good point I feel
I haven’t seen the game but my mate phoned and said he was disappointed we didn’t win after our second half performance.
He also says to start the next game with the team that finished today.

Told wifey I thought draw....but can't help predicting wins on Erod.
We were god awful first half but should have won in the end.

I think draw vs Wolves too.....but I'm sure i'll be going 3-1 villa or summat!
VTID