West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur

I really despair at some people, it is always negative. I wonder how some people get out of bed in the morning. You read their post and I can't help feeling that they take delight in slagging the club, history have shown that derby's are notoriously difficult. Yet they will ignore history and pretend it is irrelevant. Why? This idiotic argument that if team A beats team B 1-0 & and team C beats team A 3-0 therefore when team C plays team B team C should win by at least 4-0. Idiotic in my view.

top... The A, B C team argument I have never used before (check my posting record on front threads) but there are other points in that post, perhaps I should've focused on.

Derbies affect all involved clubs, seems more so us.
Issues about our mentality, been working on it for 4 years.
Issue about our general poor starts.
GD - another area where we just never kill teams off.

I plead guilty to being negative (until at least the next game) but there are issues I don't see being addressed any time soon.

They up their game why can't our players do the same? They're attitude to the fixture is so much better than ours and they play above themselves, while we feel we're too good for them and just need to be on the pitch to win. Our lack of focus & desire in these fixtures of late is sad to see.
Given the choice between upping our game like when spammers play us, and consistently playing at a higher level which results in picking up points and playing CL football. I know which one I'd choose, but to each there own.

Hey at this point I don't care how we pick up the damn 3 points, just keep doing it!!!! We need to stockpile now while we can at least field a semi-healthy bunch...

Must admit, bet Poch's sweating the fitness of his squad.

He has Wanyama with a muscle strain and then Trips withdrawn near the end after we all saw his foot get accidentally stood on a couple of times in the match. He also has Davies and Lloris still to play this evening.

Then you look at the list of Aurier, Rose, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen etc who could be close to comebacks.

We could be close to full strength or quite a few short, but loads of variables in play for Poch this week.

Noticed that Lloris, Toby, Son, Davies and Sanchez all completed 90 mins for their countries last night. Need to get them home and fresh for the weekend, with 2 of them on long haul flights.

Unless we step up the performance and match West Hams intensity we will be in for a long afternoon.

Unless we step up the performance and match West Hams intensity we will be in for a long afternoon.

It will be a competitive tough game; they CAN up their game for a one-off match because they don't consistently play with the same intensity or to the same high level as we have done.

I've seen so many team up it and give their all against one team and then drop away after as we all have - we don't have to 'up' our game - we just have to play 'our' game.

Winning a derby by any margin is fine by me as I don't expect them to roll over and play dead - there is too much history between the clubs for that to happen.

Let's hope our fans play their part - as it makes a massive difference to the end result on so many occasions, especially these ones.

Last edited:
It will be a competitive tough game; they CAN up their game for a one-off match because they don't consistently play with the same intensity or to the same high level as we have done.

I've seen so many team up it and give their all against one team and then drop away after as we all have - we don't have to 'up' our game - we just have to play 'our' game.

Winning a derby by any margin is fine by me as I don't expect them to roll over and play dead - there is too much history between the clubs for that to happen.

Let's hope our fans play their part - as it makes a massive difference to end result on so many occasions.
Ex how did we miss that french U21 leftback they picked up he looks a proper steal. I was hoping they had only loan but alas

Ex how did we miss that french U21 leftback they picked up he looks a proper steal. I was hoping they had only loan but alas

Who knows? It was and still is in Steve's backyard so I expect we did look him over/track him - and at the moment he does look like a player.

Vert, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele all key players, all with post WC injuries. Kane obviously jaded although he won't admit it. Lloris mentally shot after his arrest after partying the WC. Son knackered. Any more ?

I didn't think Dembele played much in the WC...though he is at the stage of always being injured anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Eriksen and Dembele both available which would be a massive boost!
Would love to see a clear 2-goal advantage win unlike the nervy 2-1’s and nail biting 4-3’s of the past!!