West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur

I guess that’s where we are at when a game against West Ham is considered a big game...they certainly have the players to hurt us in our current form plus they will be highly motivated as always and we may not be...I can’t really get excited anymore...

Arnautovic and Anderson look tasty at the moment.

Just beat them. Can't stand them lot. Break a few noses here and there as well. ;-)

I am not the hating kind, but I hate the spam. Dirty , cheating scum, they seem to up their game for us and we capitulate. I so want us to batter them.

I guess that’s where we are at when a game against West Ham is considered a big game...they certainly have the players to hurt us in our current form plus they will be highly motivated as always and we may not be...I can’t really get excited anymore...

It's a big game precisely because of attitudes like this. When you're near the top EVERY game is a big game. Plus we need to change the mood.

It's a big game precisely because of attitudes like this. When you're near the top EVERY game is a big game. Plus we need to change the mood.

"Attitudes like this" are born from our Spursiness...a word which will no doubt make it into the dictionary soon.
Spam have 7 points from a possible 24 and are always up for it against Spurs. I just wish we could embrace that type of motivation, the like of which I haven't seen too much of since we beat Real Madrid. One slip here and we could fall a couple of places whilst those above us stretch out their lead.

Yes, every game, when you seriously want to finish up the pointy end is a big game, and against Spam, unfortunately its just that little bit bigger.

We have gone from being genuine title contenders to doubtful top 4 in the space of 3 seasons....during that time the Hammers have been cannon fodder to most teams and flirting with relegation. This season they have recruited an experienced manager, added strength to their team, we have done nothing and gone backwards so for me there are no big games for us at the moment....each game is just another game, win or lose it will have little significance on what we can achieve this season.

I hope we win and play well but there is nothing to get excited about given the mess that Poch and Levy have allowed to develop. It is unfair to put high expectations on the current squad.

Loss.

We better at least win 1 of the 2 games against them over the next couple of weeks. Can't be doing with the shit from them lot

I am not the hating kind, but I hate the spam. Dirty , cheating scum, they seem to up their game for us and we capitulate. I so want us to batter them.

They up their game why can't our players do the same? They're attitude to the fixture is so much better than ours and they play above themselves, while we feel we're too good for them and just need to be on the pitch to win. Our lack of focus & desire in these fixtures of late is sad to see.

Lets see how the players come through the international games if Spam lost Arnautovic or us Kane anything could happen. I always thought Arnautovic would have been the "Llorente" option for us. Still what do the fans know.

Since Poch took over we have beaten 4 times, lost twice and drew twice. Yet reading the posts above I was convinced it was the other way around, derby matches are always more difficult. Since I've been watching football lower ranked teams raise their game against better teams not the other way round.

Since Poch took over we have beaten 4 times, lost twice and drew twice. Yet reading the posts above I was convinced it was the other way around, derby matches are always more difficult. Since I've been watching football lower ranked teams raise their game against better teams not the other way round.

Probably because we've been the far superior team in every one of those games, I bet you can't find another team regularly outside the top 10 that has a similar record than that against us.

Probably because we've been the far superior team in every one of those games, I bet you can't find another team regularly outside the top 10 that has a similar record than that against us.
As I said, it's down to it being a London derby. As far as WH are concerned we are the team they want to beat above all others.

Some people post the most absurd comments that have no bearing on reality .......really , really ...really pisses me off . Is this supposed to be a 100% Spurs site or not .

I have mixed feelings about this one. I loved it when Dier nicked it for us in his debut season, loved it even more when Bale got fouled, got up, received the ball and bang! However, since then, not much to write home about.

Fine saying it's their cup final and it's a Derby. I thought Poch's favourite word was mentality. So why does he have problem in getting HIS team prepped with the right mindset?. Lethargic starts are a norm under Poch, he often comments on poor starts and yet it's repeated every match. Fergie would've got this lot up for any game!.

As for the Derby argument... Well LeArse thrashed Fulham at the cottage (we just nicked it at home), they beat Wetspam 3-1 (another Derby).... Bearing in mind their new manager has hardly had time to implement his philosophy whereas ours has had 4 years of his project essentially working with the same group of players.

Last edited: