West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm

The goal keeper gives me the yips but, if Abraham had taken just one of the four good chances he had, or if the ref had given the penalty on McGinn in the first half or if the ref and linesman hadn't bottled the hand ball we'd have walked that game.
Keep calm and slaughter Stoke.
That incompetent dick of a ref not giving the first half pen against McGinn is just beyond ridiculous, the bloke should be sacked and never ever allowed near a whistle. It just makes the whole game pointless with such idiots in charge

Just watched it again. The ball is actually goind wide until Rodrigues diverted it in with his hand. He lay on the floor expecting the goal to be disallowed as well. Can't the ref tell something wasn't right. Every Villa player to a man appealed for handball and even from the other end you could sense something was wrong even though you couldn't tell. Poor poor officiating .
Like I said ages ago, this ref is a ******

Missed the first 20 minutes. Thought we were the better team up until half time. They started 2nd half better, our goal was probably against the run of play, but after that we should've thrashed them. Some managers just fit certain clubs, and Smith looks the man for the Villa. A joy to watch and despite the pathetic start to the season, we have a chance again.

Last 6 results:
2-2
3-0
5-5
4-2
3-0
2-0

14 points / average 2.3 points per game. A freak result and robbed by officials at one of the best sides in the league meant it wasn’t 18 points.

We’re on championship winning form, it won’t always go our way, but the great thing for me as per my earlier post is that we are having bad luck and not losing, that’s a promising sign.

Ffs man. I know some sets of fans love a moral victory but it does nothing for me. I’d rather Rodriguez curl one in from 25 yards than shithouse one over the line with an arm. At least we could’ve just held our hands up then and not feel like the officials robbed us blind.

Gotta look at the bigger picture I guess. Great performance again, and we move onto a team where we should be picking up all 3 points in stoke. Wish Nyland would do one now though...

Ffs man. I know some sets of fans love a moral victory but it does nothing for me. I’d rather Rodriguez curl one in from 25 yards than shithouse one over the line with an arm. At least we could’ve just held our hands up then and not feel like the officials robbed us blind.

What can we do about it now? It’s done, result isn’t getting changed. Those of us looking at the moral victory are taking positives from the performance - trust me, I can be one of the most damning posters on here if I’m in a mood.

I swore the house down last night, this morning I’m looking forward to Stoke and the games can’t come quick enough.

Guys, not at our best tonight but still created enough chances to win 3 games. Unlucky with their second but we should have been out of sight.

Not at all worried for the rest of the season. In DS we trust.
What can we do about it now? It’s done, result isn’t getting changed. Those of us looking at the moral victory are taking positives from the performance - trust me, I can be one of the most damning posters on here if I’m in a mood.

I swore the house down last night, this morning I’m looking forward to Stoke and the games can’t come quick enough.
100% agree. I feel rather empty now I cannot wait for next week for my fix

Strange isn't it?
How the same group of players can give two sets of diametrically opposed performances for two different managers.

I've watched WBA's equalising goal a few times and it is scored by a deliberate handball.
When the player went for the ball in the first challenge, it did come off his arm but, there is no way that could be pulled up as a deliberste handball, as it was ball to arm but, when the player was on the ground, the ball was rolling towards the bye-line to go out for a goal-kick, until he batted it into the empty net. You can see the ball change direction. The assistant referee could have been unsighted by the Albion players body lying on the floor, so although disappointed the goal was allowed I don't think there was anything 'iffy' about the award. I'm not generally paranoid anyway, unlike a lot of tweeters I've read.

Strange isn't it?
How the same group of players can give two sets of diametrically opposed performances for two different managers.

I've watched WBA's equalising goal a few times and it is scored by a deliberate handball.
When the player went for the ball in the first challenge, it did come off his arm but, there is no way that could be pulled up as a deliberste handball, as it was ball to arm but, when the player was on the ground, the ball was rolling towards the bye-line to go out for a goal-kick, until he batted it into the empty net. You can see the ball change direction. The assistant referee could have been unsighted by the Albion players body lying on the floor, so although disappointed the goal was allowed I don't think there was anything 'iffy' about the award. I'm not generally paranoid anyway, unlike a lot of tweeters I've read.

The linesman had a clear view. The goal should have been disallowed.

As Dean Smith said , there were only 2 people in the ground who didn't see the handball and that in the professional game is not good enough.

As they say things equal out over a season so looking at the teams above us and around us they are all starting to stutter maybe except for Norwich but we're playing without fear so can see us catching up and overtaking those above us

Bigger picture is 6 unbeaten, scoring goals for fun and a villa team playing well away from home. To think the negative drudge Bruce served up game after game. Maybe a couple of arrivals in January with Heaton being one would be fantastic. I actually think McCormack might add something from the bench the way this team is set up to score goals. Nice steady improvement staying unbeaten would be great.

Here what Dean Smith will see from the seocnd goal and work on: Kodjia is caught flat footed just inside our half, the West Brom right back gets goal side of him then finds himself in 15 yards of space to pick a cross.

The decision is done, the most constructive way we can deal with it is by watching the videos and seeing how a small lapse in concentration cost us a dangerous cross which resulted in a lucky goal.

And that’s what I love about DS, is these are the sort of things he looks at.

Positives to take from the game.

We should have beaten a newly relegated premiership team in good form, at their ground, without actually playing that well. Tammy keeps getting in scoring positions and will be top scorer in the division this season. Defensively we are greatly improved even though we have cobbled together a backline and have a very suspect goal keeper. If I was the rest of the league I would be very worried about playing us.

Well done the players and I hope that sense of burning injustice drives them on to trounce the rest of the league. Most of all well done Dean Smith you are performing miracles with this side.

We definitely need a keeper. We got our defence more or less sorted. He's to unpredictable.
The officials were shocking, but we should have had it wrapped up with the chances. Can't really blame tammy after the games he's had in recent weeks.
Let's pick ourselves up and get a play off spot for Christmas

Replays also confirmed the linesman view was unimpeded so there is no excuse. That goal wouldn’t have stood in a Sunday league match yet at this level the officials can’t get it right
Linesman had the perfect view of the incident; simply couldn't have been better. If he can look directly at two blatant handballs and still not call it what in the name of God is he there for. Truly mind boggling incompetence.