Wes Hoolahan | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wes Hoolahan

Like I said it was secondhand, upon further review it looks like it was yesterday's news funneled through an AV Facebook page.

So I guess I deserve a yellow card for not looking further before posting...

Have also been told was on Talk Sh*te that Wes would be a Villa player within 48 hours. Came on here to hopefully find was being wound up.

Talk sh**e should be renamed 'talk manchester, north and west london and liverpool ' as they are disinterested in any other teams.

well done hopeless hugh, just r martin to go and you can safely have destroyed the heart of the team and club.
eff off asap and take the idiots cc and pt with you

i reckon Wes wants to go . No future now with Norwich and nice Hugh .... Or maybe Hools doesnt fancy playing in the Championship with us again !

Norwich will reject an offer from Aston Villa for Wes Hoolahan - and any transfer request from the 31-year-old Republic of Ireland midfielder.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/452564/EXCLUSIVE-Norwich-set-to-reject-Wes-Hoolahan-bid-from-Aston-Villa

NCFC will not do business with Viler for Hoolahan..the offer is derisory...Wes is still in CH`s plans and an important squad player.

The only take I have on the situation is the same as any of our players..that being if a player doesnt want to play for our team then let them go and get best deal possible....Some managers will however take a different view and refuse to release from their contract and condemn them to train with junior squad players!

Hope you're right FFL. But looking at it from Wes's side, at his age he needs to be starting more regularly than he is. If Hopeless Hughton isn't going to use him then for his own career he will want to go

Hopefully HH will go soon so Wes can feature more regularly but I doubt if he will get an extension to his current contract here regardless of who the manager is.

I found this and it is from when Wes signed a new deal back in December 2012:

'I am over the moon. I always wanted to sign a new deal and the club have given me the opportunity to sign a long-term deal here. I couldn't be happier,' Hoolahan said on the club's official website, I am here until 2015, I have been here for four years and that would take me to seven.
'I have really enjoyed my time here, my family love it here and it is great to pencil it down and I am just looking forward to the rest of the season now.'

So I guess if we are to believe he is unhappy (and from the Palace game he looked it) then a year with Hughton is enough for him.

Take this as a certainty...Wes is going nowhere and CH is still our manager with no intent from the board to replace him!

I don't think Wes ever wanted to leave in the first place I out it down to journalists trying to fill back pages with idol gossip. This happens a lot during the transfer windows. The link that he played well under Lambert and also he hasn't started that many games this season they have out 2+2 together and made 5