well done antonee robinson | Vital Football

well done antonee robinson

Well done to the lad, fully deserved, he's on 4 yellows at the moment, he'll be nervously looking over his shoulder knowing Naismith is ready to pounce when he picks up his 5th booking and then who knows when he'll get his starting place back.

Well done to the lad, fully deserved, he's on 4 yellows at the moment, he'll be nervously looking over his shoulder knowing Naismith is ready to pounce when he picks up his 5th booking and then who knows when he'll get his starting place back.
Or the left back fm Leeds might be seen for the first time ?

Or the left back fm Leeds might be seen for the first time ?

Coincidentally, on the club podcast this week there are a few seconds from Tom Pearce who said he's been back running on grass for a couple of weeks now and thinks he'll do another couple of weeks with the physios to build his fitness and then be'll back training with the rest of the lads.

Robinson has been one of the very few positives we can take from this season so far. He was kind of ok last year, but I had my doubts whether he was going to make the grade as a full back (given his weakness was defending) and we paid a fair amount by our own standards to make his move permanent.

He's very much rewarded that faith and he's been a very solid player for us so far. He's always had pace, but defensively I always thought he was a bit suspect; he's improved his defensive skills without compromising his attacking prowess, and that's a massive credit to him.

Looking like a very astute signing on a permanent deal... Congrats to him, well deserved recognition for him, having really kicked on an improved his overall game since last year.

If he keeps improving as he has so far, he's still very much young enough to make a good career for himself at the top level. Whether we kick on in the next couple of years and that's with us or whether he moves to a bigger club is up for debate... Currently zero chance of us going up, but with the right new manager and a little more investment, I think we could be looking realistically at playoffs in the next couple of years, if (big IF) we survive this year. Robinson definitely has the potential to step up, so keeping him should be a priority if the club legitimately has ambition.

Robinson has all the talent to go on to be a regular Prem player - he absolutely has all the tools. I think with the right coaching he will sort out his lapses in concentration at the back and improve his end product and he'll be as good a full back as you can get.

Not sure if he'll realise his potential here or have to move elsewhere and work under superior coaching set up to evolve into the real finished product but I genuinely think he could eventually be on Liverpool and Manchester U's radar way down the line.

Couldn't believe Everton sold him rather than loan him especially at such a low price. Think they dropped massive clangers on selling him and Williams. Joe Royle connection paying off.

Jedi has done well so far this season.Obviously his pace is his biggest attribute in getting up and down the left side.He did ok last season which was hampered a bit with the injury he picked up with USA.I thought he started and ended it well.He is prone to the odd mistake which often his pace helps him rectify and his end product needs a bit more consistentsy.But he's still young and improving all the time,which is evident so far this season and IMO was a good bit of business in the summer.

Played well today, as he did last week. Seemed very determined defensively. I certainly see improvements in him. He looked crestfallen at the end as the cross came from his side, though he wasn’t culpable, let down by Jacobs once again.

Sterling as well i thought wasn’t out of his depth and deserves to retain the place ahead of Burn.

As per last week they were let down by piss poor play from the attacking players.

Played well today, as he did last week. Seemed very determined defensively. I certainly see improvements in him. He looked crestfallen at the end as the cross came from his side, though he wasn’t culpable, let down by Jacobs once again.

Sterling as well i thought wasn’t out of his depth and deserves to retain the place ahead of Burn.

As per last week they were let down by piss poor play from the attacking players.
And their Managers team selection, tactics, approach and substitutions.

If I'd have made that brilliant block / interception only for Jacobs to wuss out of the next challenge which led to the goal think I'd be crestfallen too.
Let down badly by his team mate and his manager there.

If I'd have made that brilliant block / interception only for Jacobs to wuss out of the next challenge which led to the goal think I'd be crestfallen too.
Let down badly by his team mate and his manager there.

He didn't wuss out of the challenge - he was looking to flick it on but didn't realise where their player was and got caught out
As much, if not more at fault was whoever Robinson was screaming at to cover him at left back only for that player to immediately come haring out and leave the left back position completely vacant
It was also poor defending from Dunkley - he should've come out to meet the cross instead of waiting for it to come to him and in the end he was beaten to the ball by an attacker with more desire to get to the ball first

He didn't wuss out of the challenge - he was looking to flick it on but didn't realise where their player was and got caught out
As much, if not more at fault was whoever Robinson was screaming at to cover him at left back only for that player to immediately come haring out and leave the left back position completely vacant
It was also poor defending from Dunkley - he should've come out to meet the cross instead of waiting for it to come to him and in the end he was beaten to the ball by an attacker with more desire to get to the ball first
He tried to flick it rather than make a solid challenge which at worst would have resulted in a throw.
It happened literally in front of me his body language, lack of attempt to revcover and head in hands when the ball went in spoke volumes.
That's wussing out in my book.
Agreed Dunkley should not have let the man get ahead of him but Jacobs timidity was the source of what came quickly afterwards.

Looks like we could be in for a £3.6 million windfall if the mooted transfer to Milan goes through.

the weird thing is that if he had gone to AC Milan for $13 million in January 2020 when he failed the medical we might not have gone into administration, as we ended up selling him to Fulham for £2 million in August that year fer relegation and administration.

the weird thing is that if he had gone to AC Milan for $13 million in January 2020 when he failed the medical we might not have gone into administration, as we ended up selling him to Fulham for £2 million in August that year fer relegation and administration.

Possibly, although I think the two Chinese crooks would have pocketed the money and run leaving us in administration anyway.