Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach | Page 5 | Vital Football

Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach

Well if Javi comes, he's a goalkeeping coach, hopefully it doesn't mean Cuts is displaced as he is, quite literally, a big presence around the place and,i believe, well respected at the club

I am sure they'll find a place for them, Cuts is well liked by the keepers and Emery probably won't upset that. He doesn't have this massive backroom staff following him around anyway he seems to make due with what he has. Fro what I've been reading he only brings around the Assistant Mgr and that GK Coach. I suspect the GK is more about distribution than anything else so I could see them just splitting responsibilities.

Its another good and reassuring thing with Emery, you don't see many top managers dragging more than 1 or 2 people around with them as far as I know. You certainly don't see them have two assistant managers and the pool of talent exclusively coming from one club. Even ex-Barca coaches don't just rob all their staff from Barca.

Good luck to him, whatever happens he'll always be able to proudly tell his grandkids he managed the Villa

Fair play to him, nice words. Shame he can’t stay but I guess Emery has his own men and you can’t argue with that given all his success.

Shame he's gone but I guess after having a taste of the big time the writing was on the wall once it was known that he wasn't going to be part of Emery's team.

Hope he does well (but not against us!)

Lets face it, he handled it well considering he was just thrown in there and as someone said, he gave us bit of a lift.