Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach | Page 4 | Vital Football

Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach

He seems to have looked at the players we have and put them in a system and role that suits them. As opposed to wanting to play a particular system and forcing players into it.
Can I just say on that point, Gerrard persisted in playing Bailey on the right and he certainly had more miss yhan hit games. Today Danks puts him down the left and he looked quality. Sorry for bold - I'm no techno kid

Based on today he was definitely ignoring them.

I really like how Danks approached it today, it was as though he thought about everything Gerrard implemented and did the direct opposite.

I worried when I saw one of his first interviews last year, he mentioned a lot of technical and statistical jargon and I just didn't take to him (and I am a backer of statistics and analytics). Then we really struggled in attacking phases under Dean and I wrongly equated that to Danks when it was probably just life after Grealish issues.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but it seems like he has a clue. The best minds of Vital Villa picked apart Gerrard's systems so it was reassuring to see someone implement a lot of what has been suggested here. He did a couple of things that just became obvious over the course of the last 6-12 months. He even managed to get something out of stuff a few of us said wouldnt work, I didnt think Ings leading the line could work and it felt like a dream that he dropped McGinn.

I feel naive saying it but I wouldnt be rushing to appoint someone after the performance today.

I worried when I saw one of his first interviews last year, he mentioned a lot of technical and statistical jargon and I just didn't take to him (and I am a backer of statistics and analytics). Then we really struggled in attacking phases under Dean and I wrongly equated that to Danks when it was probably just life after Grealish issues.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but it seems like he has a clue. The best minds of Vital Villa picked apart Gerrard's systems so it was reassuring to see someone implement a lot of what has been suggested here. He did a couple of things that just became obvious over the course of the last 6-12 months. He even managed to get something out of stuff a few of us said wouldnt work, I didnt think Ings leading the line could work and it felt like a dream that he dropped McGinn.

I feel naive saying it but I wouldnt be rushing to appoint someone after the performance today.
One Swallow etc CDX but I kind of agree, technically isn't this guy qualified to the hilt aswell ? Unless there's an outstanding candidate out there I'd give this some time , I really doubt Purslow had even considered anyone other than Stevie until 1030pm Thursday so we may be weeks away from a new manager. What Danks did today shows he knows the basics . What we don't really know yet was how much of that performance today was players letting off steam and relief after the Scouse mafia got the push.

What we don't really know yet was how much of that performance today was players letting off steam and relief after the Scouse mafia got the push.

Agree with all of that, Danks in a way is almost as qualified as SG and this Amorin lad. Gerrard has had 38 EPL games, Amorin has had none and Danks now has 1. I think letting him go until the WC probably makes no odds unless an outstanding candidate is ready. Amorin probably will be a very good coach but at the moment he is as risky as Danks is. The way my mind looks at risk I'd hang on until the break with Danks and then try Emery, I'd even go as far as to tell Danks we'll promote from within down the road like Brentford did with Frank and Smith.

Another element is Brentford had no way to prepare for us. They had little idea what sort of team Danks would show up with and probably expected him to use the same 433 and team. Thats what most caretakers usually do. Massive balls from Danks to make what was genuinely a radical change from what was previously used. That alone tells me something about him.

Looking forward to the Newcastle game, all Eddie Howe can do is set his team up to play their best. There isnt much for him to analyze in our game today.

Pretty sure Stevie G ignored him. Plenty of villa fans questioning what did AD under Stevie G.

Personally I'd still push for getting the best bloke we can. Brentford are woeful away from home - and today looked like a post Stevie G release.

Last Thursday we looked like relegation fodder and no decent manager would touch us.....now we have briefly showcased what we can do....and our league position looks miles better.

We shouldn't squander this opportunity to get a top class coach in - we made that mistake with Gerrard.

Agree with all of that, Danks in a way is almost as qualified as SG and this Amorin lad. Gerrard has had 38 EPL games, Amorin has had none and Danks now has 1. I think letting him go until the WC probably makes no odds unless an outstanding candidate is ready. Amorin probably will be a very good coach but at the moment he is as risky as Danks is. The way my mind looks at risk I'd hang on until the break with Danks and then try Emery, I'd even go as far as to tell Danks we'll promote from within down the road like Brentford did with Frank and Smith.

Another element is Brentford had no way to prepare for us. They had little idea what sort of team Danks would show up with and probably expected him to use the same 433 and team. Thats what most caretakers usually do. Massive balls from Danks to make what was genuinely a radical change from what was previously used. That alone tells me something about him.

Looking forward to the Newcastle game, all Eddie Howe can do is set his team up to play their best. There isnt much for him to analyze in our game today.

If we wait we could quite easily be in the RZ by the time of the world cup. Making the position less attractive. We gambled on Stevie G last November - let's not repeat that mistake with AD

If we wait we could quite easily be in the RZ by the time of the world cup. Making the position less attractive. We gambled on Stevie G last November - let's not repeat that mistake with AD

I said it's probably naive thinking on my end, this is the optimism I could just never get to with Gerrard bar his first 6 or so games. Look if Emery or Poch showed an interest I'd definitely strike for them now. If not it might be worth just staying our hand if we can. Picking up a result next week would be massive. A draw at St. James' would be enormous even at the best of times.

Fair play to Danksy. I'm buzzing this morning. I bet he hasn't slept a wink.

Still, this isn't a job for noobs. We need to get the best manager we can and Danksy's one win doesn't change that.

Fair play to him though. Danksy = legend.

If Danks carries on getting performances out of the squad then it buys us time. The World Cup is going to be a sweet spot for managerial movement across Europe and Gerrard wasn't going to get us there. Danks might.

Ideally we want any new manager in place before the break for the world cup so they can have a mini pre season with the squad.

The opportunity to do that saved us first season back in the Premier league and it could propel us up the table again.