Weekly Quiz: w/c 18 June | Page 2 | Vital Football

Weekly Quiz: w/c 18 June

Update time, some good answers so far. Still awaiting correct answers to the following:

6. What was remarkable about Jamie Forrester's four goals in 34 minutes at Mansfield on 26 August 2006?

8. Which former Imp recently created a new national goalscoring record?
Question set by Imphistorian.

10. Where is this? What did Paul Farman do here that he never did again during his Imps career?

barrow-05-jpg.27509

Danny Rowe at Fylde maybe for goal scoring record? What i dont know!

6. Probably not the answer but is it simply that these were his only goals in a barren period for City after signing on a permanent basis. I think he played something like 13-15 games at the start of that season and these were his only goals

8. I'll try Mark McCammon who got a hat-trick for Barbados in their biggest ever international win ( 7-1 against Anguilla ). It was in 2006 though so perhaps this isn't so recent

10 Looks the wrong colour but Altrincham keepie-uppie?
Took off his hideous pink jersey and was booked?
Went upfield for a corner when we were chasing the game and almost scored?
Proposed to his fiance?

(The above suggested in desperation and in the spirit of the crap that is posted about transfers or the world cup)

6. Only the second time that a City player had scored four times in an away game. The previous occasion was on March 19th 1930 when Henry Roberts scored four times against Carlisle United. Both games finished 4-2 to us.

10. The ground is definitely Barrow. Maybe it was the last time Farman was named man of the match in a televised fixture, although I still favour a kit-related answer?

Decided it was the last time he was on the losing side in a National League fixture and/or conceded 3

Last edited:
10. The ground is definitely Barrow. Maybe it was the last time Farman was named man of the match in a televised fixture, although I still favour a kit-related answer?

Decided it was the last time he was on the losing side in a National League fixture and/or conceded 3

Boreham Wood loss was after this Barrow match........and 3 plus were conceded by him at Arsenal and Notts County.......okay not exactly 3 but I doubt this is the answer

10. Ross Hannah scored a penalty in the match at Barrow January 2017 so is the answer that this is the last time a penalty was scored against Farman in a City shirt

10. I'll go with, The last penalty saved as an Imp

A couple more clues:

The goalscorer set a record for the most goals scored in that country by an overseas player.

Not only did he never do it again, Paul Farman only did this once during his 250-game Imps career.

As a complete stab in the dark for the one for Farman was he named captain for the only time in his City career at a match at Barrow?