Webbers out | Page 2 | Vital Football

Webbers out

Is it tomorrow that Webber is going to finally speak out ?

The longer the gap the worse it will be.
There is nothing he can say that will excuse his terrible record
and actions.

Is it tomorrow that Webber is going to finally speak out ?

The longer the gap the worse it will be.
There is nothing he can say that will excuse his terrible record
and actions.
Yep, tomorrow.

It'll be more about the fans being the issue I'm sure, about getting behind Wagner, how hard it was to move DS on, loan was taken to try stay in premiership (but aren't we self funded), probably have little digs at fans....I'll go in my own time no-one will force me, how great Delia and Michael are, Mr America is not going to be throwing money in and then full circle back to self funded club (even though we took 60 million loan) and need to sell to buy.....oh, and how great Barnes signing is.

Yep, tomorrow.

It'll be more about the fans being the issue I'm sure, about getting behind Wagner, how hard it was to move DS on, loan was taken to try stay in premiership (but aren't we self funded), probably have little digs at fans....I'll go in my own time no-one will force me, how great Delia and Michael are, Mr America is not going to be throwing money in and then full circle back to self funded club (even though we took 60 million loan) and need to sell to buy.....oh, and how great Barnes signing is.

sadly that is exactly what it will be.

Part 2:

So you will sell this summer and you have to. Are you at currently that you will sell but on our terms?

Yes, we will not have a gun against our head. Rashica will be sold he doesn't want to come back back. But the fee might not be spent on new players it might be spent on facilities, wages or maybe a young players fee, or maybe keep it for the following season. The key is that we don't need to sell, but there are some players who want to leave. Emily is an example we didn't need to sell but he want to go.

Is Max Aarons leaving?

Listen Max is one of our own and I have a strong relationship with him. I remember having to bollock him as a young 17 year old in my office but also having to help him through a really tough time when he lost someone very close to him. I think Fans don't see players as human but they are and it's not as straight forward as sell/buy. Max needs to go. He has outgrown us. We can't do anything for him anymore. He has to leave us. Same with Todd he needed to leave sooner but COVID didn't help. Max can stay but the club wants him to move to achieve more. But if we lost him for nothing in summer that is fine too as we got a lot from him.

Do we still have a sell on fee for Maddison? and I bet you'll be happy if he moves?

Yes. That is still there. and it depends on how much he goes for as to how much we will get.

Are you looking at the South American market again?

Yes, it has worked well for us. We are building a big infrastructure there. listen the interest we are currently getting for Sara is big really big from top clubs. They have realised that he is a top top player. I am very sure we will keep him but it will tough as the interest is constant. Nunez second season will be very exciting. Expect more South American players to come in. Big thanks to Dean Smith too because he was 100% behind the them coming in and he could have said I want experienced championship players or British players, but he was happy to go with it. We have lots of interest about the club from South America and even Portugal and this link could open up links with top European clubs.

Will Attenasio be investing any money this window?

Nope. The thing Mark's involvement has added is a massive data unit at the training ground. It's all about sharing their data with us and our medical department with them. Fair play to Michael for selling his shares he did it for the club and not himself as he could have sold them for a lot more money to someone else, but he did it because Mark fits the Norwich way and happy to go step by step with Michael and Delia on this journey. His values fit the club and Delia's that is what was they wanted more than anything. It isn't about big cheques. It is about learnings, sharing nutrition advice, medical advice etc. I think that Mark will be massive for the club going forward. He knows little about football and wants to take his time. He still doesn't get the whole thing around buy players and why you need to. In baseball they just swap them not massive money involved.

Is The self funded model going to stay under Mark?

Yes. Mark doesn't want to write cheques he loves how it is run and would keep it that way.

There are limitations to that though. Don't you want it to change? You said that the toughest thing is that we get it wrong in one season and the club goes bust and doesn't exist so under that context can we keep going on like that?

It is about what the club stands for in the community. This club is unique that there is no other club to support here. No owner will come in and invest if they can't see them getting massive invest back in the future. Only a massively rich Norwich fan who dreams of Norwich will give us billions to spend. People think there are these billionaires coming to buy us. There isn't. Delia has said no one has come to her to buy it in over 30 years. not one bit of interest. In the meantime we have to help this club. We need to get the club ready for when a big owner comes in so an investor doesn't need to splash cash on the academy, training ground and community links and think over 50 million saved there as I don't need to spend on that. They would need to spend on Carrow Road to improve the stadium. We are slowly building a brilliant setup that a new owner would be like wow I like this. We need to keep trying to win and get back to the top league. We have done that twice in my time and failed miserably but we need to get back there. Everything isn't bad. We had an FA Cup quarter finals, two cups in the cabinet.

Do you still feel you have unfinished business here? Is your main aim to get us established as a prep club?

No. There will be someone new in this chair soon. The day is coming when I'll be gone. Six years is a long time. I have worked tirelessly. I have been a human shield for this club. It has all been about club, club, club. I could have left to bigger better clubs. I have never stopped. I have been on holiday and at funerals and still taking calls.

BBC also had a report on Webber interview

This was not a good part of it

"I'd never move on because of - without being rude - a few divorcees in a snake pit abusing me," said Webber.
"I'm not going to let them ruin or change the course of my career. I refuse to do that."

= Untouchable - exclude the divorcees then and that leaves the undivorced which is what most of us are and are not happy

"Have we made lots of mistakes? Absolutely. Have I made lots of mistakes? Yes. I'm the first to put my hands up to that."

= We all know that

"I sat here six years ago and there was no massive expectation."

= So here in black and white is the difference between the heirarchy and the fans - fans always have high expectations of our team - thats worldwide for all fans and their teams

This just about sums it all up reading between the lines and interpretations - add to that that our american has now a significant number of shares but is only interested in data with no impress into the team money and we cant match the Brightons and Burnleys - there is only one scenario from all that for our future - none other that no expectaton and mediocrity - we really are the bun in the oven not rising because of poor ingredients and each successive mixture isnt adding any improvement - no wonder they feel so warm and snug with their cosy set up. Looks like we must not have to have any high expectations. This defeats the object of bringing high morale to our fine City - Norwich City (THE CITY NOT THE FOOTBALL CLUB). So not even our Cathedral Citys population morale for the betterment of our society and living is worthwhile whilst they rest on their laurels - this is the bigger picture, not continously trying to prove that NCFC and the self funded system are a contonous work in progress that clearly doesnt work except for allowing doldrum to be maintained - thats no-ambition status

Last edited: