We need signings | Vital Football

We need signings

EagerExile

Vital Squad Member
Every team in our league has already significantly strengthened in this transfer window - Matty Jarvis for Walsall today just proves the point. We've kept on Ogilvie!

So a message to both chairman and manager - pull your fingers out and strengthen this squad pronto. Otherwise the rest of this season will be even less 'fun' than what's come before. Thank you.

Utter rubbish, honestly one of the worst I’ve seen and let’s face it we’ve seen some sh*t

Lovell said he was happy with the quality in the squad before this game. I hope he doesn't repeat that statement. We were poor across the team.

Shameful performance.

they need to be brought in for training tomorrow. How many games was it, 6 I think someone said, that Walsall had gone without winning.

It the same team that beat Cardiff and Burton.

Players are good enough we just need consistency - odds on we will beat Swansea as we play better away

I don't buy that Durham. For a start, the win at Burton was a complete fluke - we were battered. The very fact that the players can't perform consistently is the problem. Good players do it every game. If we don't strengthen, we WILL be relegated.

The players are not good enough unless our aim is to flirt with relegation, in which case we have the players.

How many of our players would other league one teams want to sign - even for nothing ? Less than 5 is my guess and that says it all

I'd urge a huge clear out in the summer BUT the reality is they will be replaced with even lower quality.

That cycle needs breaking in and I don't see anything that suggest its will

I'd urge a huge clear out in the summer BUT the reality is they will be replaced with even lower quality.

That cycle needs breaking in and I don't see anything that suggest its will

We took on 3 new midfielders and a striker only 6 months ago. Don't think any of them cuts the mustard. Will any more new signings be any better ? We have better young players than our first team squad. We should play them.

We took on 3 new midfielders and a striker only 6 months ago. Don't think any of them cuts the mustard. Will any more new signings be any better ? We have better young players than our first team squad. We should play them.

I agree I'd sooner watch Mbo, Oldaker, etc. give 100% than the likes of Parker, Ogilve and Reilley.

Lets give the youth a chance - who knows they might even surprise us.

Unless Oldaker is still recovering from a knock (in which case he shouldn`t be on the bench, should he?) it makes no sense to leave the only player we have capable of sustained good passing out of the starting eleven. I`m finding it harder to keep faith with SL.

Completely agree with the Oldaker comments. Today we needed someone who wants the ball and won't hide and can pick a pass.... and he spent the whole game on the bench. Given his background, I thought Lovell would have shown more faith in our youngsters. Very disappointing.

At least the one good thing that came out of the game today was that Lovell can point to it as a good reason why we need a few players this month.
Oldaker possibly needs a steely player alongside him .Our current midfield is probably not strong enough to cover for youngsters defensively. Although after today perhaps it could be argued that they hardly could do worse .