we must face reality | Page 2 | Vital Football

we must face reality

Some so called Latics fans on here dont seem to have any scruples! Shame on the fucking lot of you.

Absolute bollocks.

To paraphrase a previous post ....

Blame Lindsay.
Blame Leatherbarrow.
Blame Elton Welsby.
Blame Utd and Liverpool supporting Wiganers.

Why on earth would you blame Lenegan?

Scruples? Got more scruples than you appear to have brain cells !

Some fans never forget yes it was in the past but still. was said from the cherry and white side They are not interested in the latics simple fact his if we go bust so will they.

Some fans never forget yes it was in the past but still. was said from the cherry and white side They are not interested in the latics simple fact his if we go bust so will they.
John. The people who said it, and thought it aren't in charge any more.......though granted, some of the fans may be.

However, the fans don't own the club. Lenegan does.

Lenegan likes football as much as rugby. What could you possibly have against him buying us? ............other than some ancient feud, that is bugger all to do with him?

Never forget ......fair enough.......but don't cut off your nose, just to spite your face.

If you think he like football as much as you say why as he nothing to do with it any more no he’s after a cheap bargain kicking us while we are down That’s my thoughts. On him. Also was chairman of that bent EFL enough said.

If you think he like football as much as you say why as he nothing to do with it any more no he’s after a cheap bargain kicking us while we are down That’s my thoughts. On him. Also was chairman of that bent EFL enough said.

John. Give me one good reason why he'd pay good money to buy us, only to see us go downhill ......or out of existence completely.

Just one.

He’s not da
John. Give me one good reason why he'd pay good money to buy us, only to see us go downhill ......or out of existence completely.

Just one.
just told you. The rugby would also go they cant survive in that stadium on there own. And if he was that interested why did he not come forward when Whelan was selling. Any way on his own he’s no chance But every one entitled to there thoughts

He's not what ? "Da"?

As for the rugby not surviving on their own, who do you think has the most opportunity for improvement/advancement/increasing their income? It's not a cherry team. I'll tell you that !

When Whelan sold us, we were nearly double the price we are now .................. that's why he (Lenegan) didn't come forward. He couldn't afford us.

John, you just seem so against him for no reason. You (correctly) say we're all entitled to our own opinions, but yours seem to be based on historical feuding that has no place in today's gentler rivalry.

As for being "on his own", I thought he was meant to be part of a consortium ........

He could be a saviour ..................... there's no way he's out to destroy us.

You could be right but you could also be wrong. You was wrong on the appeal we was never getting of with that. I said 2 years ago these Chinese were no good for us and got laughed at from a few on here. I’ve been a latics fan for over 50 years plus But if it’s Lenagan I will have to think twice if I get a season ticket It’s not him it’s the cherry and white

He’s not da

just told you. The rugby would also go they cant survive in that stadium on there own. And if he was that interested why did he not come forward when Whelan was selling. Any way on his own he’s no chance But every one entitled to there thoughts
Lenegan is part of a consortium,indeed the main partner is a Latics supporter and would not be involved if he thought this was a way for the rugby to take control of us!As equal partners they realise the rugby will never make money whereas the Latics always have the outside chance of a return to the money league,albeit slim chance!

Lenegan is part of a consortium,indeed the main partner is a Latics supporter and would not be involved if he thought this was a way for the rugby to take control of us!As equal partners they realise the rugby will never make money whereas the Latics always have the outside chance of a return to the money league,albeit slim chance!
Last week it was the Salford. Man coming from you and six points

You could be right but you could also be wrong. You was wrong on the appeal we was never getting of with that. I said 2 years ago these Chinese were no good for us and got laughed at from a few on here. I’ve been a latics fan for over 50 years plus But if it’s Lenagan I will have to think twice if I get a season ticket It’s not him it’s the cherry and white

Lots of us were wrong on the appeal John .............. though God knows how.

You were right re the Chinese owners ................... though for 18 months, they did the right things. They lost confidence ................. if they had bigger balls, whey'd be celebrating us finishing in the top half right now.

If you're having to think twice re Lenegan, then there's something wrong with your thinking. Lindsay and the rest ........I'd understand. Lenegan? Why the hell not?

The cherry and white would have no more call, rule, nor control over us than they did during the Whelan era. None.

Your objection is without logic ........................ purely misplaced emotion.

Lots of us were wrong on the appeal John .............. though God knows how.

You were right re the Chinese owners ................... though for 18 months, they did the right things. They lost confidence ................. if they had bigger balls, whey'd be celebrating us finishing in the top half right now.

If you're having to think twice re Lenegan, then there's something wrong with your thinking. Lindsay and the rest ........I'd understand. Lenegan? Why the hell not?

The cherry and white would have no more call, rule, nor control over us than they did during the Whelan era. None.

Your objection is without logic ........................ purely misplaced emotion.
Could well be. Can I ask you was you a latics fan back then I

I also join the sentiments above of hoping for a different buyer. I genuinely find it hard to see how he or a local consortium could afford to sustain us and hopefully give us reasonable championship and beyond ambitions. I dont think the moneys there and as a club we should always aim to play as HIGH as possible. If were not looking above league 1 ever again then wtfs the point. We need ambition and a journey and that narrative and outside hope that someday we will return to at least a club the same size in stature to where we are now. At least.

Secondly theres no united Town as far as I can see. I dont think its accurate to say that there is a universal agreement with supporters from both clubs to intertwine. Nor if it did that people would actually be satisfied long term. This isnt FOR ME because of an ancient feud as moonay explains above but because there is a huge rivalry, jealousy and fundamental disagreement over pride of place in the hearts and minds of the people of Wigan. On that we will never agree on who is the big brother and whos the little brother. We just dont get on...

You be you, we will be us. Somethings just don't blend into a nice cocktail.

Could well be. Can I ask you was you a latics fan back then I

Yes John. I started in 78 (aged 16).

I stopped around 88, just after I got wed ....... partly cos of money shortage, partly cos we sold Jewell, Quinn, Langley, Newell, Aspinall, Walsh, Lowe, and more within a very short timescale, but saw nowt for it.

Started again with my youngest in 2004, to stop him being a Utd fan.

Had a season ticket ever since.

I'd probably still have Hinnigan, Methven , Wright and Houghton in my all time favourite (not best) team.

What Lindsay said was disgraceful ............................. but he's not around now.
:cool:

Isn’t that main partner the head of a Wigan travel company that went bust recently? Could he be trusted to run Latics? Genuine question.