We DO NOT want another Fulham situation... | Vital Football

We DO NOT want another Fulham situation...

On Sunday, what we want is a comfortable win but what we will get is anyone's guess.

I believe!

I spoke to Thommo, briefly, walking out of the ground after the Macc title decider in 2017 and mentioned his sending off at Fulham. He said ”Why does everyone only remember the bad bits”

What would the bad bits be now I wonder.... 'handbags'..:lol:

Hard to believe that that was nearly 40 years ago. The pain of missing out is as fresh now as it was then. I never thought this chance would come again, and now it has, I just hope we can grasp it with both hands and put all that hurt to bed. Great archive footage by the way. Poor Thommo looked distraught but as the first booking was for kicking the ball away you can understand why 🥺

Didn't Malcolm MacDonald make the comment before hand, that to get into the Lincoln team, you just needed to kick the ball 80 yards without it boucing?

I spoke to Thommo, briefly, walking out of the ground after the Macc title decider in 2017 and mentioned his sending off at Fulham. He said ”Why does everyone only remember the bad bits”

I said to him once “I remember you breaking your leg at Port Vale”, he replied along the lines of that makes a change, I thought you were going to mention Fulham.

Hard to believe that that was nearly 40 years ago. The pain of missing out is as fresh now as it was then. I never thought this chance would come again, and now it has, I just hope we can grasp it with both hands and put all that hurt to bed. Great archive footage by the way. Poor Thommo looked distraught but as the first booking was for kicking the ball away you can understand why 🥺

Yes still very much in the memories.
And I still think and act the same as my teenage years back then!
Horrible afterwards that night, bus getting bricked, arriving home many hours later thoroughly depressed.
Then travelled to Chester v Carlisle next night to hope for the impossible but it didn't happen.

As said above, hope this time it will be different and at long long long last we can celebrate getting to the Second Division. We've all waited all our lives for this !!!!!

Yes still very much in the memories.
And I still think and act the same as my teenage years back then!
Horrible afterwards that night, bus getting bricked, arriving home many hours later thoroughly depressed.
Then travelled to Chester v Carlisle next night to hope for the impossible but it didn't happen.

As said above, hope this time it will be different and at long long long last we can celebrate getting to the Second Division. We've all waited all our lives for this !!!!!
I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is a lot of us that have only dreamt of us being in the position to get us promoted to the 2nd division.
When you think that in the last 10 years we have had 6 seasons in the National League (5 of which were bottom half finishes). In the last 5 seasons we have had an FA Cup QF, National League Champs, Checkatrade Trophy winners, League 2 Champs and now we are back at Wembley for the 2nd time in our history only 90 mins away from the Championship.
It feels at times that we are watching someone play Championship Manager and taking us through the leagues.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is a lot of us that have only dreamt of us being in the position to get us promoted to the 2nd division.
When you think that in the last 10 years we have had 6 seasons in the National League (5 of which were bottom half finishes). In the last 5 seasons we have had an FA Cup QF, National League Champs, Checkatrade Trophy winners, League 2 Champs and now we are back at Wembley for the 2nd time in our history only 90 mins away from the Championship.
It feels at times that we are watching someone play Championship Manager and taking us through the leagues.

Onwards to Champions League 😁😁😁

Was 9 in 1982, but can remember my mum telling me we'd only managed a draw on the way to school the following morning and that we needed Chester to beat Carlisle.
Remember being so upset we'd missed out.
Now in 40th season we're again 90 minutes from the second tier of English football.
This will be the first season since 1980/81 when I won't have been to a single game, bloody covid.

Didn't Malcolm MacDonald make the comment before hand, that to get into the Lincoln team, you just needed to kick the ball 80 yards without it boucing?
I can remember chanting 80 yards every time Fulham kicked it long.