WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life. | Page 18 | Vital Football

WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life.

I've literally never been so upset.
Sounds bad as i've lost grandparents but it never hit me this hard.
Didn't help as so sudden.
He really was my best mate.
Sorry to bring it on here anyway.

Don't be daft & certainly no need to apologise - fantastic avatar by the way - best you've had!

Our labrador, (called Buddy) is the English variety - so, a naturally big dog & nearly 8 now, I genuinely think he'd eat until he popped, his teeth are perfect because he just swallows his food, rather than chews, there's a pool of drool when he watches us eat... and they just show unconditional love.

That said, snapped my ACL playing football last November, I've been trying to get back fit and started taking him running, he now hides when I get my running shoes out of the cupboard and genuinely feigns an injury by limping ... he also sulks if I don't take him to the pub!

Perfect creatures in every way and definitely 'mans best friend'..... not much, we can do to console, but chin up, have a cider & let's hope Forest stuff PNE for him!

16 was a good knock SR.
Stan was only 7 and had been fit and healthy apart from a bit of arthritis that started this winter .
That's why it came as such a shock i think.
yeah he was a smaller dog so they tend to live bit longer, but was lucky on health, apart from old age sight/hearing towards the end

I will get another eventually, i want a dachsund call colin

A good friend of mine loves great danes but he literally gets heart broken every 6-7 years

If i cant get a dachsie next I might get a PBGV

I used to run a show dog newspaper...so apologies for dog knowledge in advance lol

Don't be daft & certainly no need to apologise - fantastic avatar by the way - best you've had!

Our labrador, (called Buddy) is the English variety - so, a naturally big dog & nearly 8 now, I genuinely think he'd eat until he popped, his teeth are perfect because he just swallows his food, rather than chews, there's a pool of drool when he watches us eat... and they just show unconditional love.

That said, snapped my ACL playing football last November, I've been trying to get back fit and started taking him running, he now hides when I get my running shoes out of the cupboard and genuinely feigns an injury by limping ... he also sulks if I don't take him to the pub!

Perfect creatures in every way and definitely 'mans best friend'..... not much, we can do to console, but chin up, have a cider & let's hope Forest stuff PNE for him!
Needless to say that this avatar is staying OKD.:thumbup:

Truly gutted for you Orbs and your family.Like many others I have a dog which we love and treat like she is one of the kids.It brought a tear to my eye reading your post mate because I know how me and my family would feel.

I have an 8 year old golden lab, she too is obsessed with food. When she was 1 we found her outside, on the patio table with her head stuck in a pop can box, scared shitless to move in case she fell off the table. Friggin hilarious, I have a photo of it but didn't want to post it in case it brought back too many bad memories for Galaxy.

Oh and OKD, our lab recently had a fit because she wolfed the food down without chewing, she started choking and had a bit of a fit. We went out and bought a dog bowl that is supposed to slow them down, does it heck, it wasn't designed for a constantly hungry lab.

I have an 8 year old golden lab, she too is obsessed with food. When she was 1 we found her outside, on the patio table with her head stuck in a pop can box, scared shitless to move in case she fell off the table. Friggin hilarious, I have a photo of it but didn't want to post it in case it brought back too many bad memories for Galaxy.

Oh and OKD, our lab recently had a fit because she wolfed the food down without chewing, she started choking and had a bit of a fit. We went out and bought a dog bowl that is supposed to slow them down, does it heck, it wasn't designed for a constantly hungry lab.

I should have called our dog Hoover or Dyson!