WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life. | Page 17 | Vital Football

WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life.

My best friend, a large chocolate labrodoodle called Stan ,went in for a routine check up today , by the time i'd finished work i was kissing him goodbye as liver cancer had him beat apparently and there was nothing they could do for him.
Absolutely devastated.
I'll never forget you bud .

Sorry to hear that Orbs... we've got a large Chocolate Labrador - most laid back, obedient dog you could wish for....

My best friend, a large chocolate labrodoodle called Stan ,went in for a routine check up today , by the time i'd finished work i was kissing him goodbye as liver cancer had him beat apparently and there was nothing they could do for him.
Absolutely devastated.
Sorry to read this. That's bad luck. RIP Stan.

Named after Laurel?

Absolutely devastated.

Two things.

1: I kept expecting there to be a punch line.

2: I'm genuinely sorry buddy, they're our best friends but they always break our hearts in the end.

I had a chocolate Labrador (called rolo, obviously) who died after a cornflake accident, not a joke. We were having a new kitchen put in & moved all of the boxes & whatnot out and put everything in the living room.

One morning we came down and he got his head inside the cornflake box but got the wax bag stuck on his head and suffocated. Devastating, but if anything was going to get Rolo it was going to be food.

Last edited:
Two things.

2: I'm genuinely sorry buddy, they're our best friends but they always break our hearts in the end.

I've literally never been so upset.
Sounds bad as i've lost grandparents but it never hit me this hard.
Didn't help as so sudden.
He really was my best mate.
Sorry to bring it on here anyway.

Absolutely devastated.

Shit, so sorry to hear that Orbs. I'm sure he had a great life with you (y)

We lost both family dogs in the space of two months a couple of years ago - one from old age and one suddenly - and I was devastated. Know what you're going through mate.

Two things.

I had a chocolate Labrador (called rolo, obviously) who died after a cornflake accident, not a joke. We were having a new kitchen put in & moved all of the boxes & whatnot out and put everything in the living room.

One morning we came down and he got his head inside the cornflake box but got the wax bag stuck on his head and suffocated. Devastating, but if anything was going to get Rolo it was going to be food.
Ohh god, that's awful!!! :cry:

Two things.

That must have been terrible mate.

That must have been terrible mate.

It's strange actually, it was heartbreaking & devastating, he was mental and so much fun but was obsessed by food. He & my cocker used to team up to steal food from the kitchen, Rolo would knock food off the worktop (cos he was big & could reach) & Smudge (spaniel) would grab it and run up the garden with it (cos he was small & fast) where they'd share. It was a real team effort.

We actually can laugh about it now, cos it really was a case of if anything was going to cause him harm it was going to be food, & lets be honest, the daft bastard got his head stuck in a cornflake box.

Still miss him though.

I guess that's what you're left with in the end, after the sadness passed you're left with all the memories that made you smile, and there's usually lots of them.

Definitely , i just ordered a large canvas print with all our favourite photos of him on it which will take pride of place in our home , it'll feel like being greeted by him every day when i come home and see it.
My other labradoodle is missing him already , i'm trying to keep her active to take her mind off him not being there .
Took her to her to the Forest but she kept stopping and looking around for him , heartbreaking.
Oh well at least this was a Forest related post i suppose.

Orbs, we lost our cat about 15 months ago. He was 19, he had been with us 16 years. Like you I was devastated, much more than I ever have been for people....and that include parents. I’m absolutely not ashamed of that either.
We have a dog too, a border. We rescued her from the dark side (Derby) when she was 7. She’s coming up 12 soon.
She took losing the cat very badly, wouldn’t eat, go for a walk etc, all the thing she would never normally refuse to do. Eventually got another. He’s a wonderful little fellow, despite the complete lack of an attention span, and she’s happy again.

My pets mean the world to me, to the point I work from home these days as much as possible, she has a bed in the office, so she’s with me too. She’s really is my best friend.
My cat is buried in the little garden in front of the office, one of his favourite sunning spots when he was here. Most of the time we are never far apart.

I think the canvas is a great idea. I’m really sorry for your loss, I hope the canvas can give you some comfort.

Stan was a lucky dog to have such a good friend as you.

Definitely , i just ordered a large canvas print with all our favourite photos of him on it which will take pride of place in our home , it'll feel like being greeted by him every day when i come home and see it.
My other labradoodle is missing him already , i'm trying to keep her active to take her mind off him not being there .
Took her to her to the Forest but she kept stopping and looking around for him , heartbreaking.

My cocker still gets genuinely excited whenever he sees a chocolate Labrador even now & we lost Rolo 4 years ago, he still remembers him, they were the best of friends, might even say partners in crime. Seems to lose interest in them when he gets close enough to work out it's not him. Quite sad really.

Thanks for all the kind words and support lads.
I shouldn't really have put it on here but i am quite an open person.
I've given up drinking but had to have a few yesterday and i posted after i'd had a few drinks.
Sorry for anyone browsing for Forest news and having to put up with my woes.

I've given up drinking but had to have a few yesterday and i posted after i'd had a few drinks.

Can't imagine anyone minded you posting it on here Orbz. If it helps you in dealing with what's happened then keep talking on here.

All the best, I hope Forest can cheer you up with 3 points on Saturday (y)

Brilliant idea..!!

We have 2 labradors. Just got a rescue 2 months ago, chocolate lab called Hunter who is 2.5 years old, and we've had Dexter (Yes, named after Blackstock) since a pup. He's a fox red lab. Gorgeous both of them.
Almost lostDex after 2 weeks as a pup with acute kidney failure, but after a few thousand canadian dollars he's as right as rain now.

Both obsessed with food as all Labs are!!

No need for apologies, it's almost as if a Vital Forest got caught up in a surprise wave of humanity.

Absolutely devastated.
sad times

my best mate Gizzmo died at 16 two years ago and I am still not ready to get another dog

broke my heart

sad times

my best mate Gizzmo died at 16 two years ago and I am still not ready to get another dog

broke my heart
16 was a good knock SR.
Stan was only 7 and had been fit and healthy apart from a bit of arthritis that started this winter .
That's why it came as such a shock i think.