Status
Not open for further replies.
So the kind of job they won’t take:
Unstable chairman.
Director of football dictating things.
Small fanbase with no scope to build.
Lack of investment.
Small stadium with no scope to build.

Maybe the guessing game is... How many of the efl clubs does that leave.

Unstable chairman.
Lack of investment.

Not many, not many at all...

Unstable chairman.
Lack of investment.

Well by my calculation that rules out every club in the top four divisions. So I guess that means the Cowleys are just better off staying here for a good few years! :grinning:

As has been said many times before the way to keep Danny & Nicky is to match their ambitions with a competitive budget. I suspect they will say here for next season but how long will they put up with having to sell before buying to strengthen the squad. Difficult dilemma for the board and as fans we must trust them not to put the future of the club in jeopardy but to find a balance. UTI !

As has been said many times before the way to keep Danny & Nicky is to match their ambitions with a competitive budget. I suspect they will say here for next season but how long will they put up with having to sell before buying to strengthen the squad. Difficult dilemma for the board and as fans we must trust them not to put the future of the club in jeopardy but to find a balance. UTI !
I don't think it's problem for them! They probably enjoy it!
They must fully understand that the player budget is something they can influence; bring in players, improve them, sell them if the right offer comes in and then repeat with the next batch. As long as the board is giving an agreed percentage back to Danny and Nicky, again, I don't think it's problem for them!
The only problem would be if they were not given the right tools to carry out this process, but as we have seen recently the board are backing them with the right tools, new training ground, backroom staff, etc...
Also, constantly evolving the squad, so it continues to be successful, brings in the other forms of revenue through Cup Run money and TV Appearance money; and these make Lincoln City a visible brand that investors will want to be a part of.

Hull will probably be next season's Ipswich!
Especially when they sell that young lad who scored loads of goals.
Why on earth would you go to a club where the manager has resigned because of behind the scenes stuff?

Hull have just lost a manager who refused to sign a new contract. If DC and NC are on the shortlist at the basketcase arena I do hope they speak to Adkins. PL parachute payments now have gone a chairman who isn't spending and wanting to sell. All not well north of the 'umber.

People talk about our plastic fans they want to look at Hull. Attendances down nearly 50% in 2 years since the PL, and down 20% last season on the previous season, only 3 clubs with lower average gates in the Championship last season. Another poor season and their average could be below ours.

Hull may be less of a worry despite their proximity.
However, Derby...now that will be a wholly different prospect.
Definitely commutable with relative ease.
Massive famous club. The chance to succeed Lampard with his obvious West Ham connections. And they'd pay a very very large salary...
And spookily DC at DC...

That's the one for us all to be most concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.