WBA after DC | Page 52 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the odds for the WBA job now, it's reflecting what we all thought - no-one has a bloody clue.

6 managers all within 8/1.

"Labbadia isn't the only coach under consideration, and it's believed the Baggies are also assessing others who have subsequently become available since the season finished.

Their initial four-man shortlist has evolved due to a number of fresh options emerging."

------------------------

"Lincoln City’s Danny Cowley has been under consideration, but it’s believed his demands may not be in-keeping with Albion’s structural model."

I'm assuming that's, possibly amongst other things, transfers because don't WBA work on a Head Coach model? Another tick 'for' the control they have here.

"Labbadia isn't the only coach under consideration, and it's believed the Baggies are also assessing others who have subsequently become available since the season finished.

Their initial four-man shortlist has evolved due to a number of fresh options emerging."

------------------------

"Lincoln City’s Danny Cowley has been under consideration, but it’s believed his demands may not be in-keeping with Albion’s structural model."

I'm assuming that's, possibly amongst other things, transfers because don't WBA work on a Head Coach model? Another tick 'for' the control they have here.

Good news hopefully. But would also indicate "unofficial discussions" with WBA for them to know about Danny's "demands".

------------------------

This will be the problem for DC/NC going up the pyramid. A lot of clubs have Directors of Football, transfer committees etc etc.

At Lincoln Danny and Nicky are managers. They have a budget and they sign the players they want by interviewing them and selecting them. At a lot of bigger clubs you are the coach and you work with the players you are given. I know there are exceptions and some big clubs have managers but a lot employ this continental style of structure.

Danny and Nicky pretty much have carte blanche here and the board does everything they can to accommodate them. They won't have that degree of control at a club like WBA and maybe their way of working wouldn't work at a club like that.

I have a great idea for them why don't they sign a new 5 year contract with us and stay for many more years.

This will be the problem for DC/NC going up the pyramid. A lot of clubs have Directors of Football, transfer committees etc etc.

I was just about to add something similar. This is where it is sloppy journalism, I don't think for a second that the Cowley's believe or are naive enough to believe when they eventually move onto a club further up the pyramid the will have the same level of influence or even control they enjoy at LCFC.

At Lincoln Danny and Nicky are managers. They have a budget and they sign the players they want by interviewing them and selecting them. At a lot of bigger clubs you are the coach and you work with the players you are given. I know there are exceptions and some big clubs have managers but a lot employ this continental style of structure.

Danny and Nicky pretty much have carte blanche here and the board does everything they can to accommodate them. They won't have that degree of control at a club like WBA and maybe their way of working wouldn't work at a club like that.

I have a great idea for them why don't they sign a new 5 year contract with us and stay for many more years.
My thoughts too.
Besides according the voice of doom (Mr Bayes) they're overpaid here and Clive give in to them far too much and lets them have whatever they want...

We're the next Bury according to him and we're employing far too many people again according to him, he really is priceless LOL!!!!!

Good news hopefully. But would also indicate "unofficial discussions" with WBA for them to know about Danny's "demands".

Been saying this all along. I’m really not sure why this should cause either surprise or upset. It’s natural to talk if you get headhunted. You understand the market place, learn more about other operations and more often than not reinforce your appreciation in what you have already.

I'd offer them a rolling contract of anywhere from 5 to 10 years...?

Status
Not open for further replies.