Wayne Rooney's Derby | Vital Football

Wayne Rooney's Derby

TRUE BELIEVER

Vital Football Hero
Apparently they could still be relegated as it appears that the EFL have won their appeal against a breach of FFP. They failed to account for depreciation of player assets in their annual accounts leading to a loss of approx £30 million being underdeclared.

What's the betting that no points deduction is given or it is suspended until next season.

It’s been going on for sometime this case. It’s farcical it still hasn’t been resolved, particularly when ours was sorted in double quick time. As we know too well the efl are a pretty ineffective organisation. They managed to drag Wednesdays point deduction out until this season. Personally I hope they aren’t deducted points, particularly this season just finished, as it sn’t fair on the fans. If it did go to another appeal I wonder if Wycombe will be asking to attend it at Derby’s expense, or will they act more gracefully and professionally?

It’s been going on for sometime this case. It’s farcical it still hasn’t been resolved, particularly when ours was sorted in double quick time. As we know too well the efl are a pretty ineffective organisation. They managed to drag Wednesdays point deduction out until this season. Personally I hope they aren’t deducted points, particularly this season just finished, as it sn’t fair on the fans. If it did go to another appeal I wonder if Wycombe will be asking to attend it at Derby’s expense, or will they act more gracefully and professionally?

I don't believe there is a way for the club to appeal the decision of this appeal.

Unlike you I think given the fact that the offence was committed so long ago the punishment should be immediate. The problem for me will be that they will not impose a points deduction and will simply fine them which is a smack in the face for clubs like us as they have played with the figures to gain a commercial advantage whereas we gained no advantage from being placed in relegation but suffered a 12 point deduction.

Simply no justice.

Simple rule should be punishments for cheating applied to the season you cheated. I think automatic relegation should have been applied as it's a joke Derby could theoretically have punishment delayed 2 season that could see them continue to bank the 6m annual Championship revenue while clubs that followed the rules went down and financial suffered in their place.

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both should've been sent down last season.

Sky news now reporting that the punishment will more than likely be imposed next season.

Ridiculous decision if that is correct. As a club they will benefit from another season in the championship alongside the two years they have already had. Does that really deter any club from cheating if the punishment is delayed long enough to cover any cost to them by allowing them to compete at a level higher than they should be and receiving financial gain from it.

Well done EFL, one rule for us and another for the "bigger" clubs.

Derby are a big club, Wycombe are a small club. Therefore any points deduction will apply next season, not this season. Fairly simple really. More chance of pigs flying than the EFL damaging their own product by relegating a Wayne Rooney managed team in favour of little old Wycombe.

As for Sheffield Wed, justice has been done. They've wasted a full season thanks to that deduction which has got them relegated anyway, when they could have been back in the Championship by now with a clean slate. Instead they are in L1 a season behind everyone else. Hopefully the same happens to Derby.

Derby are a big club, Wycombe are a small club. Therefore any points deduction will apply next season, not this season. Fairly simple really. More chance of pigs flying than the EFL damaging their own product by relegating a Wayne Rooney managed team in favour of little old Wycombe.

As for Sheffield Wed, justice has been done. They've wasted a full season thanks to that deduction which has got them relegated anyway, when they could have been back in the Championship by now with a clean slate. Instead they are in L1 a season behind everyone else. Hopefully the same happens to Derby.

Unfortunately, justice has not been done as they have received far more in terms of EFL/PL funding and TV money for the season they have just had in the championship and also been given a chance to redeem themselves with the chance of staying in the division, which failed, but had they done so would have profited them again.

Comparing Latics situation last season & the administration punishment with that of Sheff Wed & Derby is like comparing chalk & cheese
They're 2 completely different "crimes" & have 2 completely different punishments. Not only that but both the administration rule & the punishment is very black & white. Clearly from the fact that Derby have been cleared & then convicted on appeal shows that this is not the case with the FFP rule breaking that both Derby & Sheff Wed have been accused of (same as how City were able to drag it out with UEFA).
And for those accusing the EFL of preferring to damage Wycombe instead of Derby, it seems to have escaped peoples attention that the EFL brought the charges in the first place & then appealed the decision when they lost. The fact they've now won means Derby will be punished albeit we wait to see what that is although the EFL won't be deciding that punishment
Also it has nothing to do with the season having ended. It had ended last season when Stevenage were relegated & then reprieved when the EFL won its appeal against the independent panels initial verdict
The EFL also appealed when Bolton weren't docked points for failing to fulfil fixtures

I'll get my tin hat

Yep....whatever the relative rights and wrongs are over Derby and Sheffield Wed’s FFP offences ....they are clearly to a large extent ‘grey areas’ with a lack of clarity as to what has gone on and why and how they should be punished.
Our case was straightforward in so far as Administration carries an automatic and mandatory penalty......that the circumstances leading to our Administration were an effing disgrace perpetrated by ‘c***s of the first water’ was unfortunately ....’detail‘

But our administration wasnt the normal run of the mill running out of money scenario. We had money in the bank all dues were paid up to date. The EFl allowed a professional gambler to buy the club deeming him fit and proper then allowed Yeung to buy the club with no money except the loan he had borrowed to buy us then a week later they let him put us into a farcical administration. The EFL are as much to blame as the Kray twins. The real reason and the truth hasn't come out yet but in no way is it legal what went on.

A fair point to some extent Stetic but .....that’s covered I think in ....

that the circumstances leading to our Administration were an effing disgrace perpetrated by ‘c***s of the first water’ was unfortunately ....’detail‘

No one argues that there was actually any real need for us to go into Administration....effectively the Hong Kong shysters literally volunteered to do so ....as soon as they did and we were formally in Admin.....everything else was ‘automatic’

Derby and Wayne Rooney will escape any damaging punishment because they are Derby and Wayne Rooney. We didn't because we are Wigan and the EFL calculated not enough would give a flying f**k what happened to us. It's along the same lines that the breakaway 6 will accrue the square root of fuck all by way of sanctions.

But our administration wasnt the normal run of the mill running out of money scenario. We had money in the bank all dues were paid up to date. The EFl allowed a professional gambler to buy the club deeming him fit and proper then allowed Yeung to buy the club with no money except the loan he had borrowed to buy us then a week later they let him put us into a farcical administration. The EFL are as much to blame as the Kray twins. The real reason and the truth hasn't come out yet but in no way is it legal what went on.

Choi & Au Yeung passed the owners criteria that all the member clubs of the EFL had previously signed up to & shown no signs of wanting to change even despite what had happened 12 months earlier with Bury & Bolton
The EFL undoubtedly have to shoulder some of the blame but so do the member clubs, including Latics, for not pushing for more stringent checks on owners.
The EFL also had no choice in Au Yeung putting the club in to administration. As far as I'm aware they have no legal right to stop that
I know it wasn't a run of the mill administration scenario but I'd question how much money we had in the bank considering we were losing £1mill a month & that there was no money to play the players wages

Derby and Wayne Rooney will escape any damaging punishment because they are Derby and Wayne Rooney. We didn't because we are Wigan and the EFL calculated not enough would give a flying f**k what happened to us. It's along the same lines that the breakaway 6 will accrue the square root of fuck all by way of sanctions.

As I've said previously - The EFL charged them (even after I believe initially giving them written permission to do what they did with the stadium sale) & the EFL appealed (& won) when the independent panel found Derby not guilty of breaking FFP rules just like they charged Brum & Sheff Wed & many others before that. The independent panel will decide what punishment the club gets just as it did with us & Macclesfield.

The EFL can be rightly criticised for many things but coming out with conspiracy theories that hold no water doesn't do the case against them any good

Choi & Au Yeung passed the owners criteria that all the member clubs of the EFL had previously signed up to & shown no signs of wanting to change even despite what had happened 12 months earlier with Bury & Bolton
The EFL undoubtedly have to shoulder some of the blame but so do the member clubs, including Latics, for not pushing for more stringent checks on owners.
The EFL also had no choice in Au Yeung putting the club in to administration. As far as I'm aware they have no legal right to stop that
I know it wasn't a run of the mill administration scenario but I'd question how much money we had in the bank considering we were losing £1mill a month & that there was no money to play the players wages

No doubt the test was limited but I think based on what we know there is a genuine question to be asked about how much scrutiny they ever applied to Yeung's application.

Parry said themselves they found it difficult to check Yeung despite having direct access to him, yet when our fans on Twitter dug up loads of dodgy stuff just via Google.

He also commented about Yeung allowed to self certify things via forms which seems odd.

On top of that we had the covert video of Parry and what he said.

We'll never know for sure, but it seemed like there were a lot of red flags that the professionals vetting Yeung seemed to miss or waved through despite the concerns they should've raised. Either scenario makes you wonder if the tests were done thoroughly enough in the first place.

Last edited:
As I've said previously - The EFL charged them (even after I believe initially giving them written permission to do what they did with the stadium sale) & the EFL appealed (& won) when the independent panel found Derby not guilty of breaking FFP rules just like they charged Brum & Sheff Wed & many others before that. The independent panel will decide what punishment the club gets just as it did with us & Macclesfield.

The EFL can be rightly criticised for many things but coming out with conspiracy theories that hold no water doesn't do the case against them any good

You can say all you like MB about rules, regulations & punishment from EFL / PL / FA etc but & its a BIG BUT.....certain clubs will def be treated differently by the authorities regardless of rules / regs etc. I honestly think if one of the shitty top six were to fall foul & god forbid went into admin there would be all sorts of stuff done, rules bent, regs amended to enable them to not go through what we went through.....football is as corrupt as politics.

No doubt the test was limited but I think based on what we know there is a genuine question to be asked about how much scrutiny they ever applied to Yeung's application.

Parry said themselves they found it difficult to check Yeung despite having direct access to him, yet when our fans on Twitter dug up loads of dodgy stuff just via Google.

He also commented about Yeung allowed to self certify things via forms which seems odd.

On top of that we had the covert video of Parry and what he said.

We'll never know for sure, but it seemed like there were a lot of red flags that the professionals vetting Yeung seemed to miss or waved through despite the concerns they should've raised. Either scenario makes you wonder if the tests were done thoroughly enough in the first place.

What should the EFL have done instead KDZ ?
My memory of the details may be hazy after all this time, but I think IEC (majority shareholder Choi) sold latics to Next Leader Fund (majority shareholder Choi).
Choi sold shares in Next Leader Fund to Au Yeung. EFL can't prevent this.
So, if EFL then deem Au Yeung not fit and proper (and we all know he wasn't, no argument from me) what was the EFL course of action ?
I presume it would be to withdraw WAFC certificate of membership of the EFL and to throw us out of the championship mid season.
Is this really what you were advocating or did they have an alternative option ?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the EFL's incompetence in the ratification of Choi probably saved this club.