Watford v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 28th Dec, 3pm | Page 32 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 28th Dec, 3pm

?? I’d say there are a fair few hundred of them who would do the same or maybe worse, they are a bitter bunch. Deeney has been looking forward to this game for weeks, he was desperate to score against us. He’s also a chav who would be inside Winson Green now if it wasn’t for being decent at football

He has been .

Shit team selection, shit tactics and shit performance. FFS change the way we set up because we can all see it’s not working. I thought we would probably lose today, but it’s the way it happened that annoys me the most. Watford played for over 30 minutes with 10 men and still looked the better team. Why the fuck wait until we are 3 down to bring another striker on?
I’m always one of the last to call for a managers head, but Deano needs to up his game sharpish. Much more of this and we will return to the negative bollox inside VP we had a few seasons back
We waited until we were three down against Southampton before we went two up front. We dont seem to learn.

We waited until we were three down against Southampton before we went two up front. We dont seem to learn.

Yes and smith has this reputation for attacking football from somewhere, all we seem to do is pass the ball until it ends up with Heaton and he hoofs it towards the statue.

Yes and smith has this reputation for attacking football from somewhere, all we seem to do is pass the ball until it ends up with Heaton and he hoofs it towards the statue.
In fairness to him last season he was like a breath of fresh air when he first came, with his closing down of the opposition, the tempo was picked up and we were so much better to watch than a Bruce side.
As the season wore on the pressing stopped, we dropped deeper.
This season especially the last six or so games we have begun to resemble a Steve Bruce team again, with the ball going across the park and back to Heaton as you say.
I think Heaton punts it long because he has no confidence in our back four or midfield to play it out and not lose possetion in a dangerous part of the pitch.
It all comes down to confidence and sadly it is shot after two drubbings
against Leicester then Southampton.
After Watford, which is argueably a worse defeat than either of the other two we can only hope that we get Mings back for Burnley to give us a presence on the pitch but we will take some lifting from where we are now.

Last edited:
Just wanted to also post about Jonathan Kodjia, he can fuck off in January the blokes attitude to me is a joke. He looks like a sulky teenager despite being in his 30’s I believe.

I don’t understand the love for Jimmy Danger, he doesn’t look interested to me. Perhaps he hasn’t had his fair share of chances but I don’t think he’s a player who will be missed in the changing room, he doesn’t seem to be part of the jack clique from what I can gauge. Winds me up, if I had come on yesterday I would’ve been desperate to show what I can do and gee everyone back up. It’s so deflating when even the subs are bottling it because they want an easy life.

Last edited:
That was an utter shambles on Saturday, slow and unmotivated all over the park.

Watford were awful yet could have been 1 up after 15 seconds and it got progressively worse, only Hause seemed to have any idea or fight in him.

To be THAT bad when you are battling relegation is some feat, bar Grealish, Heaton and Hause none of them look like they give a flying fuck.

It was disgraceful, ashamed i was.

Just wanted to also post about Jonathan Kodjia, he can fuck off in January the blokes attitude to me is a joke. He looks like a sulky teenager despite being in his 30’s I believe.

I don’t understand the love for Jimmy Danger, he doesn’t look interested to me. Perhaps he hasn’t had his fair share of chances but I don’t think he’s a player who will be missed in the changing room, he doesn’t seem to be part of the jack clique from what I can gauge. Winds me up, if I had come on yesterday I would’ve been desperate to show what I can do and gee everyone back up. It’s so deflating when even the subs are bottling it because they want an easy life.

His contract expires in the summer. He'll be off in Jan if anyone wants him.

People on here only like him because he's not playing.

I'm just sitting here thinking how did we as a club and Us as fans ever think to go into the season with two unproven kids and Kodjia as strikers were ever going to score us enough goal to stay up.

I must stop this thinking lark

What's wrong with our goal-scored tally, 57?

They said they were looking for another striker but it didn't work out.
Yup, said it before. Given Wesley's style there was no way we signed him as the No 1 target, but we just couldn't get the other one over the line for whatever reason and it has come back to bite us and DS.

Yup, said it before. Given Wesley's style there was no way we signed him as the No 1 target, but we just couldn't get the other one over the line for whatever reason and it has come back to bite us and DS.

I don't think we'd have paid £22m for a backup Mike, Smith as good as said we haven't paid that much for a bloke to go on the bench.
I just think he's not as good as he thought he'd be