Vs United | Vital Football

Vs United

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
DF starts off sounding like hughton:

'Manchester United is one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. The FA Cup is the most famous and prestigious, so they will be greedy to win it. That will be the motivation for them to win. It is in their DNA to win titles.'

He says it will be a miracle to win it:

'We want to achieve something magic. We did when we won the Championship with record points and goals last season. Now we have the chance to create miracles by staying in the league and winning the FA Cup.'

You could interpret his comments as though he has given up on us surviving when he says:

'We have another chance of creating a miracle winning the cup'

He does say:

'The results have been very disappointing. Our chances aren't improving but they are still there.'

'We deserved to lose against Southampton. Against Everton, it was different. We didn't allow them many chances, but they were more efficient. We have to wait for Josip Drmic to hear on the knock on his ankle, but all the others seem to be okay. We've had two days to rest and are playing in hot conditions, so we have to rotate a bit. It's not healthy to rotate all eleven positions, but it makes sense to make a few changes.'

Talking up United again:

'It's a big achievement to be in the quarter finals, but we're hungry and want to keep going. United are in fantastic shape and maybe the team of the moment, unbeaten in twelve. Pretty soon, United will compete again for the Premier League. They have fantastic players all over the pitch. Their pace in the offence is outstanding and their tactical quality is flexible. '

'Sometimes, in a disappointing spell, you remind players to keep going. In the tough days, it's important to show unity and togetherness, but we can't look at our glory days too often because then you become a dinosaur, always speaking about the past. '

'Against no other team have we struggled as much as we did against United. They were too good for us at home, and at Old Trafford it wasn't our best game. We didn't have a chance in those two games, so we need a special performance tomorrow.'

But why didn't we have a chance DF? I hope that won't be your message tomorrow 'Ah, guys, sorry but you'll not have any chance of winning today'.

On the everton game:

'Everton will soon be in a much better position in the league as they have the potential as a club, but we showed we can be solid and well structured. It's just that one chance is enough for these players and not for us.'

So Everton has the potential as a club to get better in this league and we don't.....why?

DF 'Sometimes United can even win when they're not at one hundred percent. I always want my players to play with freedom, like mates at youth level, not thinking about titles, money or bonuses. I can't guarantee that no-one will be thinking about how many people are watching. There is always pressure on the team, but we have nothing to lose because no-one expects us to be successful. Todd, Emi and Teemu are important for us and they know I have their backs, but with all respect to my players, no-one is irreplaceable. We don't have a Lionel Messi in our team.'

Interesting comment. Maybe the Emi Leeds links and Cantwell Liverpool links. Still a little harsh but I guess it is a warning shot to say don't think you're bigger than the rest of your team mates. Emi storming off etc.

'A striker needs a goal for confidence, but it's important that not everyone focuses on Teemu. It's importnat that he works for the team, like he did when he put Emi one-on-one against Jordan Pickford.'

So no injuries.

Go with

Krul

Aarons
Godfrey
Lomas
Lewis

Tettey
Vrancic

Hernandez
Cantwell
Emi

Idah

Subs:

McGovern - Leitner - Martin - Stiepermann - Klose - Trybull - Pukki - McLean - Thomas

Last edited:
Do you think the back 4 will be the same or will he rest one to have a youngster in or something like a player out of position at the back ?

I thought he might go 3-5-2

Lewis
Klose
Godfrey

Hernandez
Tettey
Leitner
Trybull
Cantwell

Pukki
Idah

I have lost the little interest I have but will watch on tv in my office whilst working.
If any of Mcclean, duda and rupp are in team I will not watch.

Do you think the back 4 will be the same or will he rest one to have a youngster in or something like a player out of position at the back ?
i think we’ll see the same/usual back four, Bears. He has little room for changing it and can’t see him throwing a young lad in to a one off game like this.

Subs

McGovern
Drmic (only 50%)
Stiepermann
Vrancic
Leitner
Idah
Duda
Hernandez
Trybull

I've no idea why Duda and drmic make the bench. DF said if Martin and Idah are best options they will be involved. Duda and drmic aren't our best options on the bench get Martin on the bench.

So, DF is obviously not bothered about the cup even though we have zero chance of staying up. The one player who is giving his all at the moment is Hernandez and so he thanks him by leaving him on the bench. Seems like the wrong signal to all players.

I wonder who will be in charge of dead ball kicks with the shite duda on the bench and vrancic overlooked for crap mc clean and rupp?

So, DF is obviously not bothered about the cup even though we have zero chance of staying up. The one player who is giving his all at the moment is Hernandez and so he thanks him by leaving him on the bench. Seems like the wrong signal to all players.

So dissappoint he is on the bench. He should be in for Rupp. Also still no Vranicic and Leitner. Why?!

I am so pi** ed off.
We have everything against us and Farke picks 2 crap players in crucial positions.
How can you go into a big game with only 9 players.

Why is McLean the 1st name on the team sheet each bloody week? Also Rupp?

Hernandez was best player for us last game and adds the pace we don't have yet he drops him.

I'm confused

This is why despite smiffs failing self funding scheme and the terrible windows from SW, Farke has problems using that as an excuse due to his weird team selections.