Vs Aberdeen | Page 7 | Vital Football

Vs Aberdeen

YAS! KT! WHAT A GOAL!

GREAT play from Dembele! We may have just put this game to bed!

The ref got a decision right! Red card for Cosgrove for that challenge on Brown! Quite fucking right too!

Well this is a turn of events. Cosgrove with an insane lunge on Scott Brown. :emoticon:11 And we're at 10 men apiece.

Overall terrific performance. Good pressure, solid passing on a rough pitch and great effort. Forrest, Tierney, Ajer, Brown and Dembele were terrific. I thought Ntcham also had a good match. I continue to be suspect of de Vries and Simunovic and I think Lustig has been awful for a long time. But this is a great away win at a crucial point in the season.

Hail Hail!

Good win! Dembele looked more like himself after his goal! Forrest did well, worked hard for the team. I thought Brown was fairly poor today, a bit wasteful at times but he scrapped well when required. KT was outstanding as usual! Ajer was good too! Easily our best CB at the moment!

Brown had a few errant passes, but he was good helping the defense and harassing any forward movement from the sheep.

I think Ajer and Hendry are a good future CB pairing. Trouble is, we need more experience and better current ability in Europe next season.

Still nowhere near our best but nonetheless a great result on the road to 7-in-a-row!

Thought Brown was fairly solid, a few stray passes from himself and Ntcham. Our midfield lacks a runner who times his runs into the box, and in behind the defence, as you two have both highlighted. Rogic runs 'with' the ball and is excellent at it, albeit he is well short of sharpness at the moment. CalMac used to do it instinctively but looks as though he is under stricter orders from BR this season. Armstrong is another who has a natural instinct for doing it but he's still injured and will require time to find his feet once he returns.

It's an area we greatly profited from last season as was shots and goals from outside the box.
The former means fewer options/takers for the final ball and the latter is a major contributor to our lack of goals.

Griff's goal threat and general play cannot be underestimated especially with Dembele being out of form and misfiring, whilst Edouard has been more miss than hit if truth be told.

Injuries from 'operation stop Celtic' have taken their toll.

I agree, Ajer and Hendry have the potential to be a good pairing in the future but both need coaching up and helped through games, experienced defender to help them along. Working with Toure will of course help them but they need someone on the pitch too.

In terms of Europe, I think we can see what Rodgers is trying to do and he's trying to create something for the future.....it's going to take time but too many changes each season will see us go backwards. Look at our midfield in the Zenit games, Brown but with Ntcham and Kouassi, both in their first seasons in Europe with us. That makes a big difference!

Sun 13.05.18

Last league game of the 7 in a row season.

CELTIC (4-2-3-1) Bain; Lustig, Ajer, Boyata, Tierney; Brown, Ntcham; Rogic, Forrest, McGregor; Dembele

Subs: De Vries, Hendry, Simunovic, Roberts, Sinclair, Armstrong, Griffiths.

:clap:

HT 0-0

The effort is there but we haven't been great, We're doing all the running and moving but all the sheep have had to do to counter us is keep their shape. Another half of football where we are unable to break a team down.
The sheep hit the bar from a free kick.

G'day Tic. Choppy first half but Aberdeen are sheepishly sitting behind the ball, content to end the season with a puff.

Latest Celtic News