Vs Aberdeen | Vital Football

Vs Aberdeen

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Joined the game late as was busy working in the garden and taking stuff to the recycling centre.

Griffiths opened the scoring. Don't know how, I missed that. Joined the game after 25 mins.
After 32 mins, Rooney score to equalise for Aberdeen. Aberdeen have seemingly been NOWHERE in this game so far! One mistake and they've scored from it. Lustig was beaten down the right, cross came in which Toure slid in to cut out, both Brown and Bitton just stood and watched the loose ball and Rooney just curled it into the far top corner.....FAR too easy! Toure was NOT happy! And he let them know it!

The big team news today is that it's not Gordon in goals, Dorus De Vries is making his debut!

So it's;

DDV
Lustig - Toure - Sviatchenko - Tierney
Brown - Bitton
Forrest - Rogic - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: Gordon, Izaguirre, Dembele, Christie, Janko, McGregor and Roberts.

We're just looking a little slack at times and taking things for granted. Some slack passing at times! It's getting worse since they scored too!

GOAL! 42mins and James Forrest scores! Bitton in the middle of the pitch finds a pass through to Rogic who moves toward goal and central, cuts it over to the right where Forrest hit's it first time on the right of the box with the outside of his right foot and sends it into the back of the net! Good goal! Hopefully that will get us going a bit more now!

Nearly a third after a great break and a great forward run from Lustig, he waits for Griffiths to catch up with play and cuts it back to him in the box but he drags it just wide!

HT Celtic 2 -1 Aberdeen!

SInclair with a fabulous run into the box and he's won a penalty. Then sends the keeper the wrong way and it's 3-1.

Wow! A left-footed bullet from Rogic makes it 4-1. What a shot off a set piece. :emoticon:14 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07

If this kind of play keeps up, the league will be a walk.

Well, that was a statement game. A fine 4-1 win against the team I believe is the top challenge this season. I could be wrong about Sevco, but I think the Dons are a better club.

I think Rangers might be one of these ones that are going to take a while to get going (remember they have signed a lot of new players) but once they do they'll be up near the top. The only question for them is how many points will they drop before they sort themselves out. Aberdeen will be our closest challengers I would imagine, but I will also expect a very different game when we go up to Aberdeen!

That's probably true. Sevco still has a 36-year-old forward as their biggest threat. Waghorn is probably better but will he be fit? Unless they make a signing, they are troubled at the back. Their midfield does move the ball pretty well, though. I don't count them out like many Celtic supporters. We should have beat them in the cup final last year and didn't. Hearts gave us a tough game and even with Toure and Sviatchenko we still got hit for a cheap goal.

There is one thing that worries me. Rodgers Liverpool teams were very attack minded and always leaky at the back. So is our club right now. That might just be his system.

This is true Tic! Lol.

Back to Celtic and I get what you mean welch, but I think that's more of an issue in Europe when up against the better teams and it's maybe just a matter of time until we get the strongest defensive players we can. Right now we're having to rebuild it a little bit. It certainly looks as though Ambrose and Boyata will be punted and Simunovic is still coming back from injury.
In the league we HAVE to push up and dedicate bodies forward and it will leave us a little bit exposed at the back at times, but we know we have the firepower up front to score more goals! We also now have the pace, something that was clearly lacking under Deila!
In Europe we can afford to sit a little deeper and contain our shape more because once again, we have pace up front where it matters to counter. What we really need is a good CM with a really good engine and who is pacey that can go all game long and get up to join those counter-attacks. Broony can't do it anymore, it's not Bitton's game to do that and so that leaves us with McGregor, Henderson and Armstrong but I'm not convinced any of them are quite right for that either. It should suit Armstrong perfectly really but he's not played much at CM, where I still believe he could be a better fit. He's not got the out and out pace to play on the wing in Rodgers' system but at the moment he's probably ended up in a similar place to Henderson. Henderson is now being viewed by Rodgers as a CM, he was often used out wide by Hibs last season similar to what Deila did with Armstrong. Both are similar players in that they've got quite good footwork and not bad pace and can both strike the ball quite well. What Henderson has been working on is his tactical knowledge and his positioning on the pitch. Rodgers seems to be keeping him around because he will get chances to play but I think he really wants to work with him and help him develop into a better player with a bit of coaching and practice. The same could go for Armstrong! If they can both improve that side of their game, I see no reason they can't be valuable members of the CM group.

Why not Rogic as the central midfielder? He has decent pace, a good shot from 20 yards out and has the size to hold the ball up like a target man.

Celtic: Gordon, Lustig, Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Izaguirre, Rogic, Brown, Sinclair, Armstrong, Forrest, Dembele

subs: Bitton, Griffiths, Gamboa, de Vries, Roberts, O'Connell, McGregor

Latest Celtic News