Vital forum player of the season | Vital Football

Vital forum player of the season

Player of the season

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

chris who

Vital 1st Team Regular
A interesting start .I have not voted as yet as I was torn between different players. Just a thought if Tucker is sold would Alfie Jones be a target for another season on loan with a view to him playing at centre back?
Much the same with O'Connor and Ogilvie?

OneSirKeefy

Vital 1st Team Regular
From afar I’ve gone for Connor Ogilvie. Purely because as well as being maybe the best player, he’s also come from a position of improving from a lot of people’s “worst player”.

Young Jack would certainly be voted “young player” although Connor is possibly also eligible for that one.

Chris, why the comment “Evans has already reduced the choice”? As if that’s a bad thing. Having 10 players played nearly 2/3 of the games is pretty decent in my book. Byrne would probably also be there if not for the injury.

Our back 5 has been solid and picked consistently. It’s only the forward positions have been chopped and changed regularly in the search for more goals.

I reckon we’ve been fairly settled as a side since about October. Apart from the strikers that is.

chris who

Vital 1st Team Regular
From afar I’ve gone for Connor Ogilvie. Purely because as well as being maybe the best player, he’s also come from a position of improving from a lot of people’s “worst player”.

Young Jack would certainly be voted “young player” although Connor is possibly also eligible for that one.

Chris, why the comment “Evans has already reduced the choice”? As if that’s a bad thing. Having 10 players played nearly 2/3 of the games is pretty decent in my book. Byrne would probably also be there if not for the injury.

Our back 5 has been solid and picked consistently. It’s only the forward positions have been chopped and changed regularly in the search for more goals.

I reckon we’ve been fairly settled as a side since about October. Apart from the strikers that is.
It was more a defence remembering forum members saying X or Y should be included.I wasn't having a go simply using team selection to reduce the choice without being judgemental.
You are right about a settled side I was surprised that the top appearance players so clearly made up the regular team.Not sure that is always the case.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that Trashbat didn't vote for Bonham.
:-)
I'm quite surprised Bonham's not got any votes. Obviously the 2 main contenders are Tucker and Ogilvie, but there are a few other votes scattered around, and as a key member of what has for the most part been a pretty solid defence this season, I thought he might've picked up a vote or 2 at least.

chris who

Vital 1st Team Regular
I'm quite surprised Bonham's not got any votes. Obviously the 2 main contenders are Tucker and Ogilvie, but there are a few other votes scattered around, and as a key member of what has for the most part been a pretty solid defence this season, I thought he might've picked up a vote or 2 at least.
Last time I looked Trashbat had not voted.