Vital forum player of the season | Vital Football

Vital forum player of the season

Player of the season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris who

Vital Champions League
I have only included players who have started 20 games.So Evans has already reduced the choice to these ten players.

A interesting start .I have not voted as yet as I was torn between different players. Just a thought if Tucker is sold would Alfie Jones be a target for another season on loan with a view to him playing at centre back?
Much the same with O'Connor and Ogilvie?

From afar I’ve gone for Connor Ogilvie. Purely because as well as being maybe the best player, he’s also come from a position of improving from a lot of people’s “worst player”.

Young Jack would certainly be voted “young player” although Connor is possibly also eligible for that one.

Chris, why the comment “Evans has already reduced the choice”? As if that’s a bad thing. Having 10 players played nearly 2/3 of the games is pretty decent in my book. Byrne would probably also be there if not for the injury.

Our back 5 has been solid and picked consistently. It’s only the forward positions have been chopped and changed regularly in the search for more goals.

I reckon we’ve been fairly settled as a side since about October. Apart from the strikers that is.

From afar I’ve gone for Connor Ogilvie. Purely because as well as being maybe the best player, he’s also come from a position of improving from a lot of people’s “worst player”.

Young Jack would certainly be voted “young player” although Connor is possibly also eligible for that one.

Chris, why the comment “Evans has already reduced the choice”? As if that’s a bad thing. Having 10 players played nearly 2/3 of the games is pretty decent in my book. Byrne would probably also be there if not for the injury.

Our back 5 has been solid and picked consistently. It’s only the forward positions have been chopped and changed regularly in the search for more goals.

I reckon we’ve been fairly settled as a side since about October. Apart from the strikers that is.
It was more a defence remembering forum members saying X or Y should be included.I wasn't having a go simply using team selection to reduce the choice without being judgemental.
You are right about a settled side I was surprised that the top appearance players so clearly made up the regular team.Not sure that is always the case.

Last edited:
I haven't voted, Chris, because I've not seen enough games. How many games did Mark Byrne play? He impressed me in the couple I saw.
Including cup games 19 so as he would have almost certainly lasted the 20 had he been fit I will add him for you.He would have been next on appearances.

Including cup games 19 so as he would have almost certainly lasted the 20 had he been fit I will add him for you.He would have been next on appearances.
Well perhaps you could count it as 20 then. All I'd say is that in one of them he did absolutely nothing.

Well perhaps you could count it as 20 then. All I'd say is that in one of them he did absolutely nothing.
I was thinking 10 players and 20 appearances was a natural number to stop.But this is s football team vote so maybe 11 is a more natural number of players anyway.

I'm shocked that Trashbat didn't vote for Bonham.
:-)

I'm quite surprised Bonham's not got any votes. Obviously the 2 main contenders are Tucker and Ogilvie, but there are a few other votes scattered around, and as a key member of what has for the most part been a pretty solid defence this season, I thought he might've picked up a vote or 2 at least.

I'm quite surprised Bonham's not got any votes. Obviously the 2 main contenders are Tucker and Ogilvie, but there are a few other votes scattered around, and as a key member of what has for the most part been a pretty solid defence this season, I thought he might've picked up a vote or 2 at least.
Last time I looked Trashbat had not voted.

I was thinking 10 players and 20 appearances was a natural number to stop.But this is s football team vote so maybe 11 is a more natural number of players anyway.
It was my lame attempt at a joke Chris. 20 apps is fine and sensible as far as I'm concerned.