Vincent Janssen | Vital Football

Vincent Janssen

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
R

Removed at own request

WBA and Stoke sniffing around Janssen.

Much how I don't really rate him, we can't let him go unless we get a replacement in.

from his international games, I still think we haven't seen the best of him - difficult for him as he will have to find a way to muscle past Harry and make a huge impression in the appearances that he does get.

I'd hold onto him.

I still rate him, don't know why he doesn't get more minutes, I suppose Kane is the obvious answer and I don't think Poch likes to Kane off unless he's got himself a goal. Any other striker would have been taken off against Newcastle and replaced. Janssen should have got 20 minutes, the game was over.

ScottDaYid - 15/8/2017 10:20

I still rate him, don't know why he doesn't get more minutes, I suppose Kane is the obvious answer and I don't think Poch likes to Kane off unless he's got himself a goal. Any other striker would have been taken off against Newcastle and replaced. Janssen should have got 20 minutes, the game was over.

I wouldn't have brought him on - kanes slow start history needed to be broken and that look like a game he would do just that, plus you want him as game sharp as possible for next weekend.

Spursex - 15/8/2017 11:24

ScottDaYid - 15/8/2017 10:20

I wouldn't have brought him on - kanes slow start history needed to be broken and that look like a game he would do just that, plus you want him as game sharp as possible for next weekend.

I agree, said the same myself.

Quicker Kane gets off the mark the better.

Kane will start scoring though, no question about that. Janssen though? Still very much unproven, would rather give him some minutes so he's ready should the worse happen again.

Nick Real Deal - 15/8/2017 10:56

KLX - 15/8/2017 10:53

We dont see the best of him because we dont play to his strengths.

This is a genuine question. What are his strengths ? Does he need a partner striker ?

Steady diet of through balls, early crosses and cut backs into the box should improve his return

Case in point our recent friendly against Roma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkj8tF6RlE

The single biggest improvement we'll see is when he starts taking his half-chances.

That will change everything for us and him.

I really hope we don't sell him. His first season was bound to be tough but he played enough to know what he was up against so he should push on.

The boy is strong enough and talented enough to be great in the PL but Kane is holding him back. Poch has to figure out a way to get around that.

Plenty of games to be played so he should get loads of game time. I hope we don't sell him as we ain't signing another CF.

He should be better 2nd season so we may as well wait and see.

Not much point in getting rid and buying another cheapie who Rose hasn't heard of, it would most likely be groundhog day yet again.

He will be a better player for us this season IF given some game time of note....cameo 5 or 10 mins at end of gmes is not going to build his confidence now is it!

Definitely keep for this season as he has the attributes to succeed, but there is no hiding that he has been embarressingly bad in squandering his scoring chances. Hold-up play good, some lay-offs good, but he is here to score goals.

Soldado was a class player but not as well suited to us and the PL as Jannsen, and had his confidence totally shattered by Porky at the end. Who would have thought we would pick up another one.

Bald Archie - 17/8/2017 16:23

Definitely keep for this season as he has the attributes to succeed, but there is no hiding that he has been embarressingly bad in squandering his scoring chances. Hold-up play good, some lay-offs good, but he is here to score goals.

Soldado was a class player but not as well suited to us and the PL as Jannsen, and had his confidence totally shattered by Porky at the end. Who would have thought we would pick up another one.

Janssen has age as an advantage.

We were Soldado's "big" career move. He was supposed to deliver on arrival.

Completely different pressures. I agree. I think Janssen will succeed out of sheer determination if not skill.

Janssen in a Holland shirt looks the part, but until he shows it here the worry is that his one good season was an anomalous 'spike'.

Soldado was our 'big' signing expected to perform straight-off, but a lot of Spanish football journo's were saying that he was a strange purchase as his style was not suited to us. It became clear quite quickly no one was on his wavelength, and after about 10 games he just stopped running to get a return ball as he knew no one would 'see' what he saw. Sad as it ruined him, and he seemed a nice bloke who carried on tweeting nice stuff after he left.

it was annoying as if he'd kept making the runs eventually players might have got on his wavelength through training & rapport being built up

His intelligence still showed, he had a high number of assists for a player who was supposed to just be a goal poacher according to many.