Villa v West Ham Match Thread - Sun 22 Oct - 4.30pm | Page 13 | Vital Football

Villa v West Ham Match Thread - Sun 22 Oct - 4.30pm

Posting without reading the previous posts to give my pure thoughts - that was one of the best performances I’ve seen from Villa, due the fact West Ham were decent!

We managed that game exceptionally, when they came back we held our composure although we were in danger of conceding again, to drive on and tire them out the way we did was exceptional.

My only downside today was I though Pau Torres had a poor game, both with the ball and defensively though when you 4-1 the negatives don’t really matter.

Dougie Luiz MOTM, exceptional. Konsa also for winning that foul, very clever play.

Last edited:
My only downside today was I though Pau Torres had a poor game, both with the ball and defensively though when you 4-1 the negatives don’t really matter.
I’m going to watch the replay when I can get it. I heard from others that Pau was almost immaculate. Some mistakes in possession but never let Antonio get the better of him.

I’ll have to watch and see if he was poor or not.

I’m going to watch the replay when I can get it. I heard from others that Pau was almost immaculate. Some mistakes in possession but never let Antonio get the better of him.

I’ll have to watch and see if he was poor or not.

Interesting, with my eyes I thought he was poor (I could use stronger words). Got taken on a few times, and a few sloppy passes. I was going a bit mad when he played a poor pass to my eyes but somehow we ended up scoring number 3, so maybe my man flu is impacting my eyesight

I put Douglas Luiz in my FPL side before international break, he’s a bit of a bargain on there given he takes most the set pieces, penalties and likes to have a dig or two. Very pleased with him today that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Totally professional performance...again. no poor performances today. Obviously luiz gets the headlines and rightly so - but thought Matty Cash had a great game . Ollie's goal might not get goal of the season - but the technique and precision of the shot was absolute perfection.

Let's no forget there keeper kept the score down with a couple of good saves/collections