Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17

I'm so pleased with 3 points and overall a decent performance with finally, players being asked to play in the roles that best suit them and a centre forward who tried his heart out. Held the ball up well, made goal chances for his team-mates and unsettled their centre backs enough for them to continually foul him.

Hutton shouldn't even be in the first team squad yet alone being picked today by Bruce which shows a mistake.

I read Agbonlahor was injured but if he wasn't would Bruce have picked him instead of Davis?

Hopefully, Bruce has learned a lot from this game about his players and will stop making these selection mistakes and allow the players to actually play in roles they enjoy? Mind you I won't hold my breath on that one :17:

As he should. The flak you lot have given him 3 games into a season has been a joke.

Very happy for Bruce we won and scored 4 at VP.

Fulford - 19/8/2017 00:26

Bruce still having a go at the fans

Is he?....... He wants to be more concerned about our defence, keeping Hourihane in his favoured position and playing Davis up front again.

Actually, Davis and Kodjia together could be awesome on that showing from the youngster.

Maddox - 19/8/2017 17:28

As he should. The flak you lot have given him 3 games into a season has been a joke.

Well done today but this needs to be done more often.

Was it inspired picks or was that selection due to injuries.

tarzansbrother - 19/8/2017 17:29

Fulford - 19/8/2017 17:26

Bruce still having a go at the fans

What's flat nose say?

Had a go at people who have been slating him.

He still says it was after 3 games and forgets about the 10 months of turgid football.

Well certainly didn't go down expecting to see that today. So much energy up front in the first half from the 3 young lads, shame onomah had to go off because as soon as Lansbury came on we instantly lost some of that (Not that Lansbury did bad). Nice to see the Conor hourihane we bought too, good goals and obviously man of the match as a result but if not for that it would be Davis, great performance and should be starting every game, he was a right handful for them and definitely deserved a goal.

Great way to celebrate my anniversary, time for a beer :4:

Not everyone!

I'm so sorry for everything I said, Villa.
I'm actually going home happy, raving about great goals and performances.

I haven't seen a hatrick scoring Villa midfield display like that since I was 12 and I'm 42.

david-avfc - 19/8/2017 12:24

gmvillan - 19/8/2017 17:00

Keinan Davis. Proper Centre Forward. The End.

10 times better than Hogan

Can't help but laugh, same shit Hourihane faced. Hourihane shit delivery and can't score (scored and assisted in pre-season multiple times I'll add), then is the hero because he's played in the right position (he played CM in both pre-season and today folks).

Davis does a great job creating today, has a couple one-on-ones and converts 0 of them. Hogan creates chances, has a couple one-on-ones and converts 0 of them. Davis the hero of Villa, Hogan is crap, good lord folks let's at least be consistent before hanging the man out to dry.

Davis played fantastic today but didn't score, Hogan has shown that he can run the channels and create but hasn't seen the ball hit the net in a while. They are both assets. I shiver to think what will happen if Davis plays next match and misses a couple one-on-ones. Will he be Delfounseo mk2 and a load of crap?

I understand being a pessismist, I'm one as well and certainly have my doubts about some players, but don't be so quick to slate every single player.

Only Joke is Brucie. Served some right shyte up. Maybe after that Reading show he has looked in the mirror

Fulford - 19/8/2017 17:22

sirdennis - 19/8/2017 17:19

villasince67 - 19/8/2017 17:17

Still got the [equal] leakiest defence in the league

Come on . Be positive.

Did you watch it today sirden

No found a sports bar and watched Gillette soccer special while following the game on here and the os. Got a bit nervy at the end and I jumped on sir Dennis jnr when we got the 4th much to the amusement of every one in there

tarzansbrother - 19/8/2017 17:40

Only Joke is Brucie. Served some right shyte up. Maybe after that Reading show he has looked in the mirror

Every manager since MON played one Russia have served up some right shite.

He can't be blamed for the loosing mentality and rubbish players the club has had.

The worst player on the pitch today was the last player to be replaced, Hutton.

Has to be noted how much better we look with Elmo on the pitch.

Fantastic today. I knew Bruce would pull a result out but we'll be back to square one in a few weeks. Anyway sod that for now I'll take a positive result and have a few beers :8:

We had a go from the off and as I said earlier give Davis a go and he may win me back .

motm for me Davis , lead the line like an old pto and could have had 3 himself . Made real difference lets hope we've seen the last of this Gabby nonsense from Bruce .
Hourihane had is best game for us since signing fair play to him dot forward and could have had 5 himself .

One swallow doesn't make a Summer as they say. Let's see what happens over the next 3 or 4 games... who knows, we may get a new arrival in the next 12 days.....