Villa Park | Page 91 | Vital Football

Villa Park

Do we believe this Wheels park bullshit from the Darkside and IF true, where does this leave us???
At least Europa league, probably Champions League next season. An elite manager a quality squad that will be improved upon. Rich and invested owners. Iconic ground that will be developed and improved upon when we are established on the pitch consistently in the right area of the league.

As opposed to a league one club without a pot to piss in who are miles away from competing in the premier league

What is the point and the worry here?.

Last edited:
Nothing really but I do remember before the zillions came in to the blue half of Manchester, that city said they would be bigger than utd. Easy to scoff but you have to be mindful.

Nothing really but I do remember before the zillions came in to the blue half of Manchester, that city said they would be bigger than utd. Easy to scoff but you have to be mindful.
Except Small Heath are run by hedge fund people with a poor record whilst Man City are owned by a country who didn't have FFP to contend with when they bought the club.

Nowhere near a like for like comparison.

No Difference really, Birmingham Council is broke, I think they took the piss and hope money bags Villa pay for it but that's when Chris Heck came and said, we will cancel the expansion. I'm sure if somehow the Stations get funded, the North stand development will be back on!

I thought the plans to redevelop witton station were approved ?

Or is this approved - but no funding in place.

Personally I don't think development or non development of VP is reliant on a witton station upgrade.

Do we believe this Wheels park bullshit from the Darkside and IF true, where does this leave us???

Well if Aston villa on the verge of CL football have pulled the plug on a £100m stadium expansion - then it's difficult to see a now 3rd division club going ahead with a £2bn redevelopment. furthermore the blues owners are no where the net worth of Wes + Nas.

We don't know for sure - but if anything significant with a new stadium for the noses happens within the next 5 years it would be a surprise to me..

Well if Aston villa on the verge of CL football have pulled the plug on a £100m stadium expansion - then it's difficult to see a now 3rd division club going ahead with a £2bn redevelopment. furthermore the blues owners are no where the net worth of Wes + Nas.

We don't know for sure - but if anything significant with a new stadium for the noses happens within the next 5 years it would be a surprise to me..
Yeah, a hell of a millstone to plonk on a Div 1 outfit with limited income streams and let's be honest, currently fickle support at around 20k per game at best. They have an £19m turnover with annual losses in excess of £25m.

TV income and PL status are the benchmark, and they are way off it. None of this makes sense unless you are PL and one of the Sky6 in all honesty - otherwise revenues just don't support it.

So I watched the latest interview with Gabby and Chris Heck. I'm not impressed at all. No word of an expansion just raing seats in the holte, LED lights all over the place, a players grand entrance and in his words "over the next couple of years a bit of a tidy up" he said We won't move from VP in his lifetime but what does that mean. So I have my answer now, Sweet FA is going to happen to our famous group he's doing it all on the cheap. Rather disapointing really!

So I watched the latest interview with Gabby and Chris Heck. I'm not impressed at all. No word of an expansion just raing seats in the holte, LED lights all over the place, a players grand entrance and in his words "over the next couple of years a bit of a tidy up" he said We won't move from VP in his lifetime but what does that mean. So I have my answer now, Sweet FA is going to happen to our famous group he's doing it all on the cheap. Rather disapointing really!

If you found a tenner you’d moan it wasn’t £20

What were you hoping him to say? We’re on our way to a bit of land off the M42 within the next four years? We’re not moving from Villa Park within his lifetime means we’re not moving from Villa Park whilst he’s at the club and probably way beyond because that’s clearly what the current owners want. Think most of us consider this to be very good news tbh along with doubling revenues for shirt deals which he suggests helped keep season ticket rises down. More good news is not tinkering any more with the Holte End. I don’t think you can criticise the bloke too much after listening to that.

Yeah, a hell of a millstone to plonk on a Div 1 outfit with limited income streams and let's be honest, currently fickle support at around 20k per game at best. They have an £19m turnover with annual losses in excess of £25m.

TV income and PL status are the benchmark, and they are way off it. None of this makes sense unless you are PL and one of the Sky6 in all honesty - otherwise revenues just don't support it.
It's all bullshit, and I'm sure it will come too light that the owners have another use for this land at some point in the future.

What were you hoping him to say? We’re on our way to a bit of land off the M42 within the next four years? We’re not moving from Villa Park within his lifetime means we’re not moving from Villa Park whilst he’s at the club and probably way beyond because that’s clearly what the current owners want. Think most of us consider this to be very good news tbh along with doubling revenues for shirt deals which he suggests helped keep season ticket rises down. More good news is not tinkering any more with the Holte End. I don’t think you can criticise the bloke too much after listening to that.
Are you new here ? lol.