Villa Park | Page 76 | Vital Football

Villa Park

Main problem with the DE is the road behind restricts the space. IF it's ever rebuilt they will either have to build over it or get an agreement on moving it. I think that's why the Villa purchased all the terraced houses where the small Green Park is the other side of the road.

However they also have a problem blocking the light to the houses beyond.

All this stadium talk caused me to really look around the ground from my HL position more than ever on Saturday against Burnley.

I can confirm that it looks magnificent, iconic and I love the place new North Stand or not.

Let's be honest a new stadium at this stage is a pure vanity project. Spurs and Arsenal have completely suffered on the football pitch as a result of their shiny new generic bowls. Chelsea by contrast with a smaller capacity than Villa Park didn't move and won multiple trophies in their golden period. We need to get our priorities right and the priority is winning trophies , establishing in the champions league. We are nowhere near a new stadium justification, absolutely nowhere near. It would set us back.
So we don't need to join the dots we aren't moving anywhere.

Funny because there has only been this larger ground swell of opinion against our ground since the subject was dangled infront of people. Otherwise most of the years I have been on here it has been quiet about the ground. All of our current stands are well established so I would have expected to see people's dissatisfaction more consistently and regularly if they had a real issue with things instead of the more recent shows of dissatisfaction.

We cannot even get the badge right let alone the North stand, its like waiting for traffic lights to be placed on a busy island but the council won't pay up unless there's a death!@

Sorry to drag this one up again but having had time to think about the cancelling of the stand and listening to various debates on line . I am seeing this right, Heck does not want an interruption while we are successful? Is he waiting for when Emi resigns and we are mid table and not in Eurooe? I just don't get it. The topic came up on Talk sport last week, Alan Brazil asked Gabby, I hear you are moving to a new stadium, gabby replied, no, never, we will never move from Villa Park, infact we are building a new stand. Brazil replied no your not, that's been canned so you must be moving. He went on to say, if your not moving and not redeveloping then that shows a lack of ambition. I have to agree with Brazil...but where in his circle did he hear we are moving, interesting!

Well we all know his brain is fried and he struggles these days to put a sentence together, the point is, he has heard something, he is not capable of making it up!

Sorry to drag this one up again but having had time to think about the cancelling of the stand and listening to various debates on line . I am seeing this right, Heck does not want an interruption while we are successful? Is he waiting for when Emi resigns and we are mid table and not in Eurooe? I just don't get it. The topic came up on Talk sport last week, Alan Brazil asked Gabby, I hear you are moving to a new stadium, gabby replied, no, never, we will never move from Villa Park, infact we are building a new stand. Brazil replied no your not, that's been canned so you must be moving. He went on to say, if you’re not moving and not redeveloping then that shows a lack of ambition. I have to agree with Brazil...but where in his circle did he hear we are moving, interesting!

Brazil was saying the opposite to Gabby for effect and wind up. It’s what they do on Talkshite.

I wouldn’t worry about what he says.

You have totally fallen for radio click bait .

Brazil was saying the opposite to Gabby for effect and wind up. It’s what they do on Talkshite.

I wouldn’t worry about what he says.

You have totally fallen for radio click bait .
Yep stopped listening to that years ago on the drive back from Gaydon , when the sole topic seemed to be Jack Wilshire and Arsenal, with those two muppets they had on back then. One would just make up some shite and the other would argue the exact opposite to get people to phone in and pay to do it!!

I'm sure Alan Brazil, a man with zero Villa connections who also happens to hate the club would know more about the goings on at Villa that a someone who spent his entire career there fairly recently.