Villa Park | Page 9 | Vital Football

Villa Park

Yes it has to be that Bournemouth game for me. I think looking back it was the realisation that this was the start of our "rise from the ashes" to become Kings of Europe. Having said that I wouldn't have envied Bob Wilson the night of the Arsenal FA Cup replay in 1974 when Villa won the toss and made him defend the Holte End in front of 25000+ Villa fans baying for blood after his theatrics 4 days previously in getting Sammy Morgan sent off, I am sure we all saw his knees trembling ......great night!!!!!
That's my favourite by a long way!!

"Aston Villa’s sale of Villa Park is to be probed by the Premier League to check whether it breached financial fair play regulations, the Daily Telegraph has learnt.

It was unclear last night whether the Premier League would follow the EFL’s lead by ordering an independent valuation of Villa Park or simply examine evidence provided by the club before deciding whether the £56.7 million sale represented the kind of “fair market value” required under its rules governing related-party transactions."

Article is behind a paywall, but the gist of it is that the club had three independent valuations carried out and are very confident they did nothing wrong, and that the PL will find as such.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...eck-aston-villas-sale-villa-park-against-ffp/

Not the best atmosphere for a match but I remember the place absolutely bouncing when Juan Pablo angel scored against Coventry , fantastic , sent them down too ?

Old news isn't it, we knew the PL would be looking as they build baselines for our first assessment back next summer. The EFL have passed the deal, the PL have no say unless they want to question market value next summer.

So it's not an investigation as such, it's a rehash of all the guff about 'investigations' the PL were doing 2/3 months ago when we officially returned.

And still he ( the reporter ) had to have a swipe at us buy adding this at the end " In March, Birmingham City were deducted nine points by the EFL for breaching profitability and sustainability rules. " . The article is quite clear as to its point so why that .
To me it's just more what ifs and maybes click bait , Perslow knows how the ffp rules work and the ways to use them for our benefit so for me we have no worries .

Old news isn't it, we knew the PL would be looking as they build baselines for our first assessment back next summer. The EFL have passed the deal, the PL have no say unless they want to question market value next summer.

So it's not an investigation as such, it's a rehash of all the guff about 'investigations' the PL were doing 2/3 months ago when we officially returned.
Sorry

No need for apologies chap, I just remember the first round of the guff well, spotted that BBC report earlier and thought better of rehashing myself lol

Just didn't want folks thinking it was actually something new, the BBC should know better sadly.

Just realised apparently the EFL are looking at Derby's valuation (understandably) and the lease back agreement, so I suspect some bright spark has just thought this was a good time to repeat the BS about us.

No doubt we aren't the only club to have had those headlines today.