Villa Park | Page 88 | Vital Football

Villa Park

It sounds very much like they want to become the new Coventry City, sell their ground and find themselves homeless for all sorts of reasons. It won't happen, same as moving from Villa Park won't happen.

Guys, I don't want to move from Villa park but we do need a new North stand and I am pissed off talking about it for the last 20 years, my god, its just a stand, even if we didn't want to raise the capacity, Think of the fans, we pay good money and having to queue for a piss for 20 mins is not acceptable. Although the view is good, the seating is diabolical, just look at your shins after a game. From the Holte it looks crap gaping open corners......maybe a stand with wrap around, more boxes for the rich but give the actual fans decent facilities. If you do not know what I mean just look at the Holte and Trinity concourse areas, cannot complain, seating, cannot complain, bogs, cannot complain, entrance and exit, cannot complain. This is 2024 not not 1924!!

Guys, I don't want to move from Villa park but we do need a new North stand and I am pissed off talking about it for the last 20 years, my god, its just a stand, even if we didn't want to raise the capacity, Think of the fans, we pay good money and having to queue for a piss for 20 mins is not acceptable. Although the view is good, the seating is diabolical, just look at your shins after a game. From the Holte it looks crap gaping open corners......maybe a stand with wrap around, more boxes for the rich but give the actual fans decent facilities. If you do not know what I mean just look at the Holte and Trinity concourse areas, cannot complain, seating, cannot complain, bogs, cannot complain, entrance and exit, cannot complain. This is 2024 not not 1924!!
I'm a Virtually 100% Holte End man, with a bit of Trinity if needs must and have been in the present Witton End twice. It's a joke of a stand. I'm only 5.6 and 10st. and my knees are against the seats in front. God help anyone in there if there was an emergency and they had to get out quickly. Positively claustrophobic below decks. Get rid.

So according to a report in the local rag, Chris Heck will not be placing 3 extra seats into the ground but ripping seats out to create a executive seating experience, basically charging 3 times the seat price and probably getting a free programme. Just what is this guy doing? Apart from fleecing the fans.

Looks like they are going to price 1500 season ticket holders out of their Trinity Rd seats and stick in Ruperts at double or treble the price.

I fully expect to lose my seat in the Doug Ellis to corporate once-a-season plastics, who can splash out 150 quid for a one-off.

I think it might be this link.

Hands down one of the worst written pieces of work I have seen in my life.

I was going to link it late this afternoon but didn't because of the reason you give in your second paragraph. Awful piece.

Heck was having a right chin wag with Baron Mervyn King in front of the dug outs pre match on Sunday. He was pointing at the Witton Lane Stand a lot.
Obviously I couldn't hear the conversation, but read into that what you will.

Heck was having a right chin wag with Baron Mervyn King in front of the dug outs pre match on Sunday. He was pointing at the Witton Lane Stand a lot.

I think that might be slightly over thinking it tbh.

So according to a report in the local rag, Chris Heck will not be placing 3 extra seats into the ground but ripping seats out to create a executive seating experience, basically charging 3 times the seat price and probably getting a free programme. Just what is this guy doing? Apart from fleecing the fans.

We need a new ground.

Be cheaper for the mortals and won’t have masses of corporate at all.

Just like Spurs new ground .

Oh……….

Jim that's my fear I'm over there directly opposite the blue padded seats in the Trinity, which are like those at Wembley empty for 30 mins a game whilst the prawn sandwich munchers fill there faces and "network"

I suppose while there is demand there will be exploitation! We know many Villa fans seem to be wealthy not like the sty dwellers or the tesco tearaways down the road. It's not going to get more people in, it's not going to give the casual supporter a chance to watch the odd game, Heck sees this as an opertunity to make a swift buck at the expense of the average football fan on a budget. Just watch now the season ticket prices go sky high. I'm really getting to dislike this person, just what is he doing for the supporter? Our owners talking of "kicking down the door of the top 4" well that's great but will always come back to it, why has the expansion And Villa live been canned? Its nothing to do with FFP or whatever its called today, why? I'm going to have a good look around VP Saturday and see just where Heck can replace season ticket holders seats with the prawn sandwich brigade! His model to me is clear and we the fans are not on his priority list....

Looks like they are going to price 1500 season ticket holders out of their Trinity Rd seats and stick in Ruperts at double or treble the price.

Yes, this has been long waiting to happen, the area I was in for decades, all the way up and joining the existing corporate. Many, many, many, long standing fans there, who have been there through thin and thinner.

Just what is this guy doing? Apart from fleecing the fans.

A single fuck for football or fans, will not be given, by his sort. Vile really. You only have to see how this berk knows best re the badge, after being in for 2 minutes, to see his arrogance. And God does he just 'love' being questioned at the consultations..

Modern $ootball sadly.