Villa Park | Page 84 | Vital Football

Villa Park

Yes we were a bit later one game and parked nearer to Villa Park , we never moved for an hour after the game.
I think we all have a routine now that works for us and to be honest it worked for the last 56 years for me, as I still park "the back of Ansells" like we did when I came with my Uncle as a kid.
Same as . Tried and tested . Out the door soon as the final whistle goes. March about 1.2 mile to the car up by the Aston Brewery cut out the express way by going by Fort Dunlop and Spitfire island then get on the M6. The problems will be M6 there onwards not Villa Park. Unless for mobility I literally cannot fathom those that park the ground side of the Lichfield Rd say by the shops or school on Church Rd. You are completely hemmed in post full time. It’s bad enough pre match . If you insist on parking there and complain that it’s a nightmare getting away than you won’t go to any stadium and be that close and get away easy.

Last edited:
Same as . Tried and tested . Out the door soon as the final whistle goes. March about 1.2 mile to the car up by the Aston Brewery cut out the express way by going by Fort Dunlop and Spitfire island then get on the M6. The problems will be M6 there onwards not Villa Park. Unless for mobility I literally cannot fathom those that park the ground side of the Lichfield Rd say be the shops or school on Church Rd. You are completely hemmed in post full time. It’s bad enough pre match . If you insist on parking there and complain that it’s a nightmare getting away than you won’t go to any stadium and be that close and get away easy.
Every game there are cars with parking tickets on, so I can only assume those are people who only come now and then or haven't been before. Must turn up an hour before KO and think they will just get a space.

I will always be of the opinion that we should never leave Villa Park. I couldn't care less if the noses get some soulless bowl in the city. We are Aston Villa and should remain there. Even if it takes 100 years we should be looking to expand and improve our home rather than move away.
This is the problem, the all plans to expand are off the table (for now) how long is a piece of string! I see no point in moving to a different area of Aston it's all the same, A mess! Just tell me why Heck has pulled the plug? No Villa live either, just a lick of paint at Stumps.as I said, are we consolodating so we can move or winding in the cash for the sell off?
Personally, I don't see why there is this mad rush to get out or home! I have never had any issues with the train only when there's a train strike but I always pop in to the Aston Tavern for one while the queue goes down. A lot of garb about the stations but this should not stop us developing the ground by say 8k. Take the roof off the North stand, build in the corners and put a new roof on without the goal posts! I'm sure that won't cost much.....

Anyone heard anything about this 1897 fan group that is being formed? They have apparently been allocated 100 tickets in the Doug Ellis P9 for the Bournemouth game as a trial.

Their aim apparently is to improve the atmosphere at VP as well as support the Villa Foundation etc. Interesting. Named 1897 as that is when we moved to VP.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything about this 1897 fan group that is being formed? They have apparently been allocated 100 tickets in the Doug Ellis P9 for the Bournemouth game as a trial.

Their aim apparently is to improve the atmosphere at VP as well as support the Villa Foundation etc. Interesting

I've seen a few things on twitter. There were a few lads who ran the B6 project that did something similar that have recently stopped due to lack of support from the club and the cost of it. A lot of the flags around the the ground were made by them if I remember correctly. Anyway this new group has taken up the baton.

Their aim apparently is to improve the atmosphere at VP as well as support the Villa Foundation etc. Interesting
Haven't we been here before with some group in the Holte upper left side that came to nothing.

I will always be of the opinion that we should never leave Villa Park. I couldn't care less if the noses get some soulless bowl in the city. We are Aston Villa and should remain there. Even if it takes 100 years we should be looking to expand and improve our home rather than move away.
100% agree mate.

100% agree mate.
I think anyone who has been attending Villa Park for as long as some on here, will have considerable issues with moving home (quite rightly). The thing is, in a generation or so, if we got a new home, I don't think any new supporter would care. I'm sure Spam, Arse and Spud fans were up in arms initially, but they've all increased support and charged more.

Please don't mistake this for supporting a move away from Villa Park, it's just that, while it will be the end for some of the long serving Villa faithful, a new generation will take our places and probably pay more for the privilege. Do I think the owners will care that they have ruined the lives of a few old codgers - they'll take the heat for a couple of years on the chin and then we'll move on as a club and a fanbase.

I’ll use a nightclub as an example for comparison. Space Ibiza closed in 2016 and the following year reopened under new owners as Hi Ibiza, I’ve been back to Ibiza twice since it closed and I can’t bring myself to go the new club as I know it just won’t be the same, Space was special and holds many good and happy memories. Same goes if the club ever left Villa Park, I wouldn’t be able to follow them.

I wonder how the fans felt when Aston Villa up sticks from Perry Barr and left for the magnificent brand new stadium at the Victorian Lower Grounds? In 100 years time will the fans even think about it? I certainly don't think about the Perry Barr days.

I had an idea at the Wolves game and am a bit baffled why a) I never thought of it before and b) why the club hasn't investigated/suggested/actioned it yet.

The Holte car park should not be a car park*. They should put an extension onto the Holte Pub (could be a Witton Arms style marquee for a trial period) to make it accesible to everyone, and create a huge beer garden with street food etc... and create a pre and post match fan zone here. At the moment the Holte Pub is a wasted opportunity IMO, catering (badly) for very few people.
Even if it just delayed people leaving by having one drink it would alleviate the congestion problem on the roads and trains. All the people that were once delayed by the attraction of the Addies, Barton Arms and the King Edward (amongst others) could go here to buffer the exit flow.
It could literally be done overnight and would also provide market research as to what to do with the Warehouse project up the other end.

*they could build a multi story car park at the North Stand for the prawn sandwich lot who currently use the Holte and North Stand car parks.

I wonder how the fans felt when Aston Villa up sticks from Perry Barr and left for the magnificent brand new stadium at the Victorian Lower Grounds? In 100 years time will the fans even think about it? I certainly don't think about the Perry Barr days.

The club left Perry Barr in 1897, there won’t be anyone around to tell you how they feel. Everyone has grown up and gone to Villa Park over and over again therefore developing that emotional attachment to the place. In 100 years time it’ll be a different generation who never knew Villa Park and they’ll have that same attachment to the ground of that time, if the club ever does move of course. I hope it never happens so future generations get to love Villa Park too.

The club left Perry Barr in 1897, there won’t be anyone around to tell you how they feel. Everyone has grown up and gone to Villa Park over and over again therefore developing that emotional attachment to the place. In 100 years time it’ll be a different generation who never knew Villa Park and they’ll have that same attachment to the ground of that time, if the club ever does move of course. I hope it never happens so future generations get to love Villa Park too.
I think @Villan57 went to Perry Barr.

I think @Villan57 went to Perry Barr.
yes, I had to get off the Number 11 the other week at Perry Bar as the driver said he didn't go to Witton what was that about? I had to walk 100 yards and get on another 11 that went to Witton or walk so I walked to Villa Park.

I think we should move Villa Park to the middle of nowhere so none of us are happy, but we can attract those from overseas and part-timers who want to support us when we are in Europe or up the sharp end of the Pl.
Somewhere near the motorways and two train stations would be great, oh hang on!

yes, I had to get off the Number 11 the other week at Perry Bar as the driver said he didn't go to Witton what was that about? I had to walk 100 yards and get on another 11 that went to Witton or walk so I walked to Villa Park.

I think we should move Villa Park to the middle of nowhere so none of us are happy, but we can attract those from overseas and part-timers who want to support us when we are in Europe or up the sharp end of the Pl.
Somewhere near the motorways and two train stations would be great, oh hang on!
Actually I always find it very depressing going to Man City. Not a proper football club when you see how they put a game on. Very artificial and contrived with all the pretend fans taking photos and selfies.

Horrible and I pray we never get like that.

I am 59 and love VP But, not only would ileke to see Villa win a cup before i die, I would like see see villa have the vision for the next generation. It would be very self of me to say, no don't move this is my home, it will soon get forgotten and let's face it, the whole ground has been replaced stand by stand since 1975 so it's hardley original is it? For me, we need to move away from Aston but keep the facades in the same style replicated on the Holte End in the new 80,000 stadia.

Liverpool and Anfield are the benchmark.

Done everything they needed staying in the same place , in the same area and traditional ground. And it hasn't stopped them winning things.

No need for a soul less bowl there. And as I have said before we won't get anything but that . We are in the hands of the architects and cost. Arsenal, Spurs, Citeh and the smaller ones like Saints, Reading etc have gone nowhere near recreating their old grounds. There is a reason for that.

Utter fantasy nowadays imho.

V57 must be looking forward to some clappers and one of those big drums being clattered for the Bournemouth game - get a bit of atmosphere going.

I am 59 and love VP But, not only would ileke to see Villa win a cup before i die, I would like see see villa have the vision for the next generation. It would be very self of me to say, no don't move this is my home, it will soon get forgotten and let's face it, the whole ground has been replaced stand by stand since 1975 so it's hardley original is it? For me, we need to move away from Aston but keep the facades in the same style replicated on the Holte End in the new 80,000 stadia.
So where do we move to then? where you can get 80k in and out of the gound easily without losing the fans we already have , London or out into the wilds with no transport or motorways.