Vaughan, Pinillos & Grant contracts. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vaughan, Pinillos & Grant contracts.

Wouldn't argue with any of that Nan.

I think it's clear Stojkovic, Perquis, Pinillos, Hobbs, Lam, Lica, Ariyibi, Vellios seem to be on the periphery of his thinking and the players he will want to move on. Warburton has been big on compact squads at previous clubs.

To me he has shown total faith in 16 players. Add a 2nd choice GK and that leaves the 4 or 5 spots open for the new additions to get 21/22 players.

Unlike every other squad in the world though, are injury history means that having a squad of 50 would be brought down to 22 within about 5 games anyway

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 8/5/2017 12:40

Still think we need a new goalkeeper. Smith has been okay but still prone to errors.

So are all the other 10 players on the pitch. He saved a certain goal when we were 0-0 with what all commentators said was "A World-Class Save."

Nanpantan red - 8/5/2017 15:12

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 8/5/2017 12:40

Still think we need a new goalkeeper. Smith has been okay but still prone to errors.

So are all the other 10 players on the pitch. He saved a certain goal when we were 0-0 with what all commentators said was "A World-Class Save."

Decent save to his right early on as well.

But it can't be avoided that the save you are talking about came from Smith passing to an Ipswich player in the middle of our half.

When a goalkeeper makes a mistake people think he's not a good keeper. When a striker misses a penalty or shot it is just one of those things.
While sitting in a bar in Dubrovnik ( yes I am a season ticket holder but made an assumption that we would be safe ) I would give the MOM to Smith for the two excellent saves which kept us in it and subsequent win. I was the only Forest fan watching and had to keep apologising when we scored or were close. Fantastic.

LyttleByLyttle - 8/5/2017 20:52

I would be disappointed to lose Velios.

It's also a shame that people can't see what both Carayol and Traore offer.

Traore is a huge gamble, especially given your stance on injury prone players...

Carayol is our only natural option for width, he blows hot and cold but you'd not fancy playing him as a fullback.

Have people forgotten about our injury curse?

It is all good and well to have a tighter smaller squad..but we are bound to get a minimum of 2 season ending injuries

When putting my list together I totally forgot Tyler Walker. If he can fulfill the promise he showed as a teenager then he would be a@@@@ the strikers for me. He's an intelligent footballer.

Had a bad season with injuries Nan..... so the loans to build his experience haven't really worked.

I reckon MW's 21-22 man squad actually excludes the likes of Cash, Ben Brero, Dimi & Worrall - they are the youngsters that fill out the squad and add competition.

Of those players that were released, I did see Hilda celebrating with the current players - but didn't see any of the others, Kasami/Dumi, Stoij, Fryatt etc - so, not sure if any of them were there or not?

Our Kids Dad - 9/5/2017 14:56

Had a bad season with injuries Nan..... so the loans to build his experience haven't really worked.

I reckon MW's 21-22 man squad actually excludes the likes of Cash, Ben Brero, Dimi & Worrall - they are the youngsters that fill out the squad and add competition.

Of those players that were released, I did see Hilda celebrating with the current players - but didn't see any of the others, Kasami/Dumi, Stoij, Fryatt etc - so, not sure if any of them were there or not?

If you listened to Warburton's interviews he talks about Smith, Worrall, Cash, Brereton as first team players. He then says got other young players coming through to add to 21/22

When he backed 16/17 players and he only wants 4 additions then its obvious who is peripheral figures under contract.

Nanpantan red - 9/5/2017 10:19

When putting my list together I totally forgot Tyler Walker. If he can fulfill the promise he showed as a teenager then he would be a@@@@ the strikers for me. He's an intelligent footballer.

Definitely good enough but needs more self belief I think. Warburton will give that to him and play him to his strengths.

Be a nice pre-season to hopefully see where Erlandsson, Iacovitti, Yates, Walker are as the slightly older one's pushing for selection. No doubt Gabriel, Ahmedhodzic and Edser will want to impress as well.

Smith should be the No 1. Better than any of the other options in goal.

We need midfield and defenders far more than we need a keeper

forestfaninvegas - 9/5/2017 16:20

Smith should be the No 1. Better than any of the other options in goal.

We need midfield and defenders far more than we need a keeper

Most assured keeper we've had in ages. I thought Darlow got a raw deal but I always believed Smith had more ability than him at similar ages. It was a probably orders under previous managers of Freedman, Davies and ilk but Darlow never started quick counter-attacks and he always looked for a guy on the touch line and it often went out.

Even the miss punches he made on Sunday were positive because he made sure he got their first and went well out the box.

insidenffc - 9/5/2017 12:22

I would take Hilda on loan again but have him only as an attacking player.

Seriously??? As I have said before, couldn't even beat under 23 defenders. That's a no for me.