v St Midden | Vital Football

v St Midden

Celtic: Gordon; Matthews, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Forrest, Johansen, Stokes; Guidetti

Subs: Zaluska, Scepovic, Commons, Griffiths, Fisher, McGregor, Henderson

HT 3-1

Should really be at least 5 or 6 goals ahead. High tempo, possession and chances galore from us.

Much better pace, passing and ball retention.

Our own wayward passes have given st midden their chances and because we are so wide open these chances have been more dangerous than they should have been.

Having said that, the defence were caught playing statues at their goal.

The bottom line is that our current system will always leave us vulnerable and exposed to the counter attack. We're most at risk when we give possession away with a wayward pass - in any area of pitch. It also makes the defence look worse than they actually are.

I want to see us really go for their throat in the 2nd half and bang a load more goals in.

Stokes fires a free kick just pst the top right-hand corner.

Guidetti's game is over after falling awkwardly and damaging his leg/knee.
Replaced by Scepovic.

FT 4-1 Celtic

Scepovic should've had a hat-trick in the closing stages. Great finishing the other night but piss-poor finishing today...

We kept up the tempo 2nd half but the loss of Forrest and Guidetti really affected our cohesion in attack.

Good win albeit the scoreline should've been a lot higher.

It could have been a massive rout. I hope Guidetti is all right, or at least recovers for Europa play. He didn't seem too seriously injured. With the lead widening in the league, Deila should be able to use more players i league games and rest top players for Europe.

welch47 - 14/12/2014 14:55

It could have been a massive rout. I hope Guidetti is all right, or at least recovers for Europa play. He didn't seem too seriously injured. With the lead widening in the league, Deila should be able to use more players i league games and rest top players for Europe.

Agree David. He has the options in midfield and attack. To be fair he's given McGregor and Henderson chances in recent games as well as Scepovic and Biton. Hopefully clear out some duds in January too.

Latest Celtic News