v ICT . | Vital Football

v ICT .

wishaw bhoy

Vital Champions League
Back to Celtic Park for league duty in a rare 3:00pm kick off which will see us host an unbeaten Inverness side who by all accounts have been very impressive so far ,, this match will in many ways be an ideal test after our nightmare excursion to the Kazahks and one which will afford us an opportunity to regroup and get back to winning ways .

I very much doubt that the visitors will be quite as negative as the majority of our SFPL opponents as recent encounters against the highlanders have been largely competitive affairs and I'd expect this match will be no different when taking into account their seemingly fearless approach thus far ,, our approach and team selection are vital with Wednesday in mind and I'd like to see us revert back to a more recognisable line up and start with a team and formation which is likely to take the field for the return match with Shakhter .

That CL match was a disaster :emoticon:13 hopefully the long journey will tire out our Kazakhi friends and we can beat them on our home turf, as for Caley could be an interesting game. They have always been up for a battle with us in fairness. I haven't gotten to see Celtic play at all this season as I just started a new job and I'm quite busy, besides the disaster that was Tuesday, how have we been?

Hot and cold David ,, no real cohesion or purpose yet although there have been glimpses of it coming through ...... we need to get the basics right and to do that we need a stable starting line up ,, part of our problem on Tuesday was making too many changes to our starting line up and we need to find that balance ..... we have a few new ghuys but need to drip feed them in ....... Oh and we need a feckin striker ....... maybe two ............ :emoticon:14

Caley have always been giant killers and they give us a hard time. The team is pretty good just now, too. And the team is coached by the hun of huns. I expect it to be a good one. Hopefully, that shambolic mess in Boratland will wake up the players and the front office.

I think NL was at least partly to blame for his selection & formation on Tuesay however ,, what ever his failings ,, he sent them out with specific instructions and I seen him seething that those orders fell on deaf ears when he was interviewed after the match ,, he has the trust and respect of the dressing room and his players will be in no doubt that he feels let down .... how they react to that will be key on Saturday and I figure that he'll get a positive response .... a convincing win against ICT will go a long way to getting us back on track and I believe we'll see that ........ they have no fear coming to CP allegedly ....... oh really ? we are wounded and bleeding after Tuesday and it's foolish in the extreme to adopt that attitude as we are certain to use that to our advantage ....... pinning it on the dressing room wall always helps ............ :emoticon:22 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25

The selection and strategy were poor, but we did create chances. This is a brawny opponent. We need to run into the box more. They will foul us, we can draw penalties or at least set pieces from dangerous distance. I'd like to see Stokes in and Samaras in a position where he can run into the box. Maybe try Watt, too. His pace can cause trouble.

Hearing that some compromise has been reached between Celtic and the Green Brigade which effectively means that sect 111 will be business as usual on Saturday ... I'm really pleased to hear this news and hope both parties can now move on ,, grateful thanks to all involved ..... :emoticon:14 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Both sides have issued their respective statements but neither of them go into detail as such ,, Celtic's statement basically states that assurances have been given in regards to safety issues and it will monitor the situation on a match to match basis ...... the GB only state that they have concluded positive dialogue with the club to resolve their issues .......it matters not as the principal objective from both sides was to secure their return ....... it's been complicated and as much as the club had very genuine concerns the GB also had their own genuine issues with stewarding etc .... one compromise reached is the issuing of different coloured SB'S as it was their assertion that infiltrators were gaining access to 111 where they proceeded to cause bloody mayhem ,, this will now stop and only GB members will gain access to their section at all stages of matchday at CP ....I also believe that the GB asked for and received match day stewards with whom they could form a mutual alliance and build trust with ........ as I say it's complicated but they bring so much in terms of atmosphere ,, tifo's ,, banners and rabble rousing that they'd have been a sore loss ......... nothing set in stone yet but at least there is a way forward now and for that I'm thankful .

In other news, Kenny Miller resigned from international duty to focus on his club career. The laptop loyal are lionizing him. Um, when Commons did this he was seen as a turncoat, disloyal bastard who was selfish and self-centered. :emoticon:90

welch47 - 23/8/2013 14:57

In other news, Kenny Miller resigned from international duty to focus on his club career. The laptop loyal are lionizing him. Um, when Commons did this he was seen as a turncoat, disloyal bastard who was selfish and self-centered. :emoticon:90

Strange that eh ? well no ! it 's not ! the msm in this cesspit are a joke,, an affront to the profession and they neither try to hide it nor make apology for it .. best way to counteract it is to ignore it .... don't buy their papers , don't give their websites the hits & don't listen to their radio shows .......... there are a host of Celtic sites to choose from that tell it the way it is and therefor no valid reason to be force fed their anti Celtic drivel . I gave up on them years ago and feel all the better for having done so .

Perfect day for the match and a very healthy crowd expected ,, hopefully the ticket office will be a busy place too ....3 - 1 to the good guys ....... :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:35

Forster; Matthews, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Kayal, Rogic, Mulgrew; Amido, Watt
Subs: Zaluska, Ledley, Mouyokolo, Lustig, Atajic, McGeouch, Henderson

Getting Ambrose and Matthews match sharp I reckon. Kayal I had a feeling would start today, hopefully he has a good game and starts to find his form while I look forward to seeing Rogic again! Ledley probably just being rested as is Lustig.

Watt and Balde up front is interesting. It's our only choice, really. BUT one has pace and the other is a force. Inexperienced, but I like it.

Rather enforced line up with Commons , Stokes and Forrest injured and I presume Sammy has a knock too ..... good to see Broonie back out on the right where he's most effective and our front pairing of Watt & Balde will be interesting as well .

They looked alright in pre-season when playing together. I would imagine they have been training together as a front pairing as well.

We could easily see this change to the 4-3-3 depending how things go, with Rogic moving to the left and Watt on the right or simply Rogic moving to his best position of just behind the strikers in the attacking midfield role.

I can't watch the game unfortunately.

Seems we are having the majority of play but they made one break from Watt being 1-on-1 with the keeper and it was curled in off the far post. 1-0 down after 14 minutes.

Kayal is off injured and straight down the tunnel.......not good news! Ledley on to replace him!

Anyone thinking that depending on that injury to Kayal, we could suddenly be in the market for another CM?

Latest Celtic News