v ICT . | Page 4 | Vital Football

v ICT .

welch47 - 1/3/2014 16:44

He is on fire with that left foot!

Certainly is. A well merited motm award.

Wonderful team performance. Had we taken our other chances we'd've needed a calculator. Griffiths & Biton were superb. Well done Lenny & the Bhoys.

A terrific match. Griffiths was inspired. Biton sure with every step. Mulgrew looked good, as well.

It may still be early......but has Lennon got it right with signing Griffiths??? Were all those who doubted the move wrong?

wee_od_88 - 2/3/2014 13:15

It may still be early......but has Lennon got it right with signing Griffiths??? Were all those who doubted the move wrong?

My objection was on non footballing grounds. On twitter there were quite a lot who didn't think he was what we needed or anywhere near good enough with the CL in mind. Most, however, seemed to agree that he'd score regularly in domestic matches.

Can only judge him on his performances and attitude and, although it's still very early days, both of those areas have been impressive so far.

Quite agree Tic. He's come in and hit the ground running, not something that is easy to do. I had my doubts about him in the CL but actually, if he can play at the level we've seen him.....he can score in the CL, against some teams at least! Domestically I didn't think there was any question about his ability to score.....my biggest concern was the off-field issues but so far at least, he seems to have grown up and matured from his Hibs days even.

Onward and upwards!

Apparently the players are now targeting 100 points in the league!

We've seen this with Samaras, Stokes and Brown. Lennon has a way of getting headcases of various types to perform. Stokes has had a down season, but In would chalk that up more to him playing alone up front than anything.

I think Lenny's past as a lightning rod for controversy, however unjust, and his history of dealing with adversity gives him credibility with players whose biggest obstacle to success is above the neck. When he takes a young player aside and says, "I know what you're going through, but you have to pick it up." They know it's not hollow gafferspeak.

Today's team is:

Forster
Matthews - Ambrose - VVD - Izzy
Brown - Mulgrew - Johansen
Commons
Stokes - Griffiths

Subs: Zaluska, Balde, Pukki, Kayal, Henderson, Lustig, Samaras

I've no link to the game today so haven't seen anything but a double from Stokes in the first half put us 2-0 up at HT, both assists came from Griffiths.
Second half and Stokes scores his hat-trick from the penalty spot after Johansen was fouled in the box.

Seems we are fairly well in control of the game and it's more a matter of how many will we score.....

Just after Stokes scores from the spot, a penalty is awarded to ICT at the other end but it was saved by Forster! It has been suggested that it was a soft penalty against VVD.

Another penalty claim by Celtic as Commons is down in the box but no penalty....

Celtic hit the woodwork twice in 30 seconds after Stokes hits the bar before VVD's header hits the post.....

4 mins after hitting the woodwork.......GOAL number 4! Griffiths with the goal after Stokes unselfishly tees him up in the box.

Mikael Lustig makes his return after being out for months after his operation, he replaces Matthews,.

double change for Celtic, Pukki replaces Stokes and Henderson comes on to replace Mulgrew who has only just returned from an injury as well.

ANOTHER goal! Efe Ambrose on 77mins with the 5th goal of the day for Celtic! 5-0 now!

Quickly followed by number SIX!!! Pukki rifles it into the far corner!

It's all over, we pushed for a 7th goal but 6-0 to Celtic if finishes! Hat-trick from Stokes, a fourth from Griffiths before being rounded off by Ambrose and a quick goal just after from Pukki.

Great win! But as I haven't seen it I can't make too much comment on it.

Well done Bhoys!

What a rout! They made it look easy. I have to say, if Lennon can train the nedliness out of Griffiths, he's a good signing. It worked with Stokes.

No doubt Griffiths can be a good player for us.........it is whether he can be a good person that will seal his fate!

Right, and the Green Brigade was breathing down his neck. On a positive note, he kept his composure. But he needs to grow up or he will ruin his career and get shipped off to Aberdeen or some place.

The thing is, I think he's showing that pretty no matter where he goes.....he will score goals! So he's not going to become a bad player but no club will want him if he's a head case!

Latest Celtic News