Utter Mess? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Utter Mess?

Listening to Radio WM is quite entertaining just to listen to some of the Small Heath and Sandwell fans obsessing about us , they seem to know more about Villa that we do. There is some unbelievable rubbish spoken on there amongst some decent call , but if you take the last few games in isolation then yes we are in a mess , but we have taken action to rectify it .

But saying that if ya defence is a mess....what hope has any keeper...last line of defence and we was saying the same about Sam a few seasons ago and he came good so there's hope yet..i hope...:utv:
Absolutely, he’s looked great in some games and dodgy in others , but the lad needs a solid line in front of him , really hope he comes good , time for a fresh start for all of them now I think ? Hope I’m not wrong in thinking Scott hogan will now turn into a 20 goal man.

The Spanish keeper - Moirera ? Must be worse than Encklemans cousin if Bunn has gone above him in the pecking order.
Christ it's almost like sabotage with a few of these signings done in the summer

With a settled defence I think Nyland will come good. It's trying to overcompensate for our lack of height and then when he tries to undercompensate he's still making the wrong choice.

He's also still adjusting to a new club, country, division.

Look at others, Johnstone was a mare before he found his feet. Gollini went, made worse by his obsession with Italian goalkeeping coaches. Steer has made mistakes, Bunn has. You can't always blame the last man.

My concern with Nyland is we ruin him completely before he gets the chance to show what he can actually do. I also think we've 50% of the way there.

With a settled defence I think Nyland will come good. It's trying to overcompensate for our lack of height and then when he tries to undercompensate he's still making the wrong choice.

He's also still adjusting to a new club, country, division.

Look at others, Johnstone was a mare before he found his feet. Gollini went, made worse by his obsession with Italian goalkeeping coaches. Steer has made mistakes, Bunn has. You can't always blame the last man.

My concern with Nyland is we ruin him completely before he gets the chance to show what he can actually do. I also think we've 50% of the way

Also maybe we have been spoilt in the past , Burridge , Rimmer , Bosnich , Sealy (rip) , Peter Smeichel, ( Kevin pool was shit though ).

Makes a massive difference, can’t comnent on findlay as I only saw him in the panini sticker book , same with Mervin, got no issue with kiraly as he was a loan stop gap and did his best with his dodgy joggers on , can’t talk about the other as it still hurts too much.

Absolutely, he’s looked great in some games and dodgy in others , but the lad needs a solid line in front of him , really hope he comes good , time for a fresh start for all of them now I think ? Hope I’m not wrong in thinking Scott hogan will now turn into a 20 goal man.
Nope....gonna be centre half with Chester...:wahey::eek!::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder if the new management team will give those discarded by Bruce and out on loan, a chance to ressurect their Villa careers.
Elphick, Tshibola and McCormack especially could save the club a heck of a lot of money.

We're not a mess.

Perhaps WM were letting through a majority of callers who have such ridiculous opinions? More than likely.

As mentioned above, the owners saw a problem and dealt with it reasonably rapidly. 'Reasonably' because they gave Bruce a number of games to show what he was about - which he did if we are totally honest.

And as for having a pop at the keeper - wind your fucking necks in. Even the likes Neuer, Courtois or de Gea would have their work cut out behind three right backs and a midfielder. Sure, Nyland has made some mistakes, but he's also made some world-class, points-winning saves. Personally, I'm more convinced by him at this similar 10/11 stage than I was by Gollini or Johnstone.

The 'mess' is the fact that Bruce lost JT in the summer (and would have known that fucking up the play-off final meant that was nailed on), clearly doesn't rate Elphick, and then used what time and money he eventually had in the transfer window to spectacularly NOT reinforce central defence. In fact, the defence full stop.

And not content with that, he then sent Elphick, the only recognised centre-half other than Chester, off on loan!!!

Jesus wept. Yes, maybe even our own shiny new Jesus wept - who didn't??

Woody, you forgot Nigel Spink.
I did , not intentionally, probably the best performance of any keeper in any game ever , met him in the toilets of liberty’s once and he chatted with me like an old friend, lovely man , great goalkeeper, can’t believe I didn’t mention him , imagine ? Your 2nd senior game , and you win the big 1 ?? Ledgend