Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 76 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

It is reported that we are offering citizenship to up to 3million Hong Kong residents on the BBC.
How is that going to play out with British families trying to get on the property ladder.

It's totally ridiculous what we are doing.

Homes, jobs etc.

We give homes to refugees but neglect our own.

We are such a fucked up country.

I hope I don't regret starting a thread about this that puts admin in an uncomfortable position. If so, please delete.

I read a few posts from the twitterati this morning calling for the club to disband the villa trust, but I can't get to the bottom of why. I'm picking up a blm vibe but not sure what's caused offence. Anyone know?

I have my own blm thoughts, but that's maybe for an off topic thread. We're all decent enough folk on here to debate but I've always been hesitant out of respect for how passionate and uncompromising both sides are.

Yes, anything BLM is for Witton Lane (USA Riots thread).

The Trust couldn't be disbanded by the club though, it is a separate organisation.

Not seen anything regarding them recently, and I very happily stay off twitter as much as possible these days, find the world a far nicer place when I am not reading that level of anger! lol

Nope, not caught anything about the Trust either, so I can't help.
People are getting exercised on Tw@tter because Supporters' Trust board member Jonny Gould posted something about BLM (I don't know what, haven't read it and not interested to be fair).

So people are calling on him to stand down or the Trust to shut up shop. Not really sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Fair enough. Nothing to see here, move along please. Feel free to delete the thread if you're having an admin tidy up.

Not sure I've seen all the comments, but I've read what JG has said on Twatter and when it comes to the PL being stupid enough to not check up on what BLM politically stood for, so by default, breaking their own rules - I really can't see what he's said wrong.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/usa-riots-protests-now-uk-also.105171/page-76

It's nothing we haven't said ourselves, my best guess is some have overreacted/not done their homework or simply misunderstood there's a big distinction between BLM the fundraising group who wants to defund the Police, cancel capitalism etc and then BLM the phrase aligned with wanting equality.

On my reading JG more than makes that distinction in his criticism.

Typical social media storm in a teacup, with the Trust dragged in.

Will probably merge this later folks, so if it disappears from here, it'll be in the usa/riots thread linked above.

Not sure I've seen all the comments, but I've read what JG has said on Twatter and when it comes to the PL being stupid enough to not check up on what BLM politically stood for, so by default, breaking their own rules - I really can't see what he's said wrong.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/usa-riots-protests-now-uk-also.105171/page-76

It's nothing we haven't said ourselves, my best guess is some have overreacted/not done their homework or simply misunderstood there's a big distinction between BLM the fundraising group who wants to defund the Police, cancel capitalism etc and then BLM the phrase aligned with wanting equality.

On my reading JG more than makes that distinction in his criticism.

Typical social media storm in a teacup, with the Trust dragged in.

Will probably merge this later folks, so if it disappears from here, it'll be in the usa/riots thread linked above.

What he's said makes perfect sense.

David Starkey, the gift that keeps on giving. What a bellend this man is.

Discussing the debate surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement, Starkey told [right-wing commentator Darren] Grimes: “Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived.”

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...riticised-for-saying-slavery-was-not-genocide

Discussing the debate surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement, Starkey told [right-wing commentator Darren] Grimes: “Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived.”

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...riticised-for-saying-slavery-was-not-genocide

He goes on the list of people who need to do the world a favour and die

Could‘ve been and still could be a massive PR disaster for sky. Should’ve stuck with Kick Racism Out as many have said, as it’s more inclusive. There’s so many unknowns to the BLM organisation, it could so easily end in tears.

It only takes an investigation to find some dirty money funding it and the organisation is defunct, and everyone who has supported it to have egg on their face.
Don’t need to look for dirty funding just look at their website and it tells you all you need to know about them.

I see he's resigned from Cambridge, who say they won't tolerate racism, just weeks after supporting a Cambridge academic who said "White lives don't matter", "Abolish whiteness" and talked about wanting to "kneecap white men".

But that's not racism, that's fine, because...stuff

Yup JF, as above, nothing said that most of us hadn't already pointed out.

Complete storm in a teacup from some looking to be offended where non-exists given what I looked at.

As for David Starkey, there are no words, but I'll try. Pompous, self opinionated, **** and a total vile windbag.

Turns out there are some words. Could never understand why he was allowed on things like QT to espouse his particular form of shite.

Yup JF, as above, nothing said that most of us hadn't already pointed out.

Complete storm in a teacup from some looking to be offended where non-exists given what I looked at.

It is 100% what I've said, and I am not alone in this thread, it is a political organisation who I bet cannot believe their luck and their funding and that no one has bothered to look them up. Getting racism pushed right back down (we can't eliminate it, some people will always hate anythign different to their vile poxy selves) is 100% what we all (surely?!) want... but that organisation, leaning if not totally in the Marxist camp... and Sky et al have backed them. Beyond belief really.