Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 77 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Is this one of the deleted Tweets Pangloss? I'm very tempted to post this elsewhere but need a defence against the 'it's obviously Photoshopped' line from the militants.
This was the Tweet (one of them) that more broadly turned people against BLM because the press picked up on it mate and I think even Starmer made a comment. 100% legit.

Christ, if that's the tone of the ones that stayed up, what were the deleted ones like?

Also, lol at 'gagged of the right to critique Zionism'. Look at what's happened to those critiquing BLM!
This is certainly one of my takeaways. I don't actually disagree much with the tweet personally, but there's a serious hypocrisy at the heart of it given, as you say, they are keen to 'expose' and silence those who disagree with them on racial issues, or disagree with their tactics. I think at this current point it's actually a lot easier to criticise Israel than BLM.

BLM have revealed themselves as a far-left organisation. Antisemitism is absolutely rife in far left circles. I've personally witnessed this myself back in the days when I was more involved on the left side of the fence. So whilst BLM may have a point I'd be very cautious about specifically supporting them on it or endorsing their message, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Antisemitism is common among many of their supporters given the 'intersectionality' at play politically.

Last edited:
The Cleveland Indians are to review their team name in order to "embrace their responsibility to advance social justice and equality".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/53289799
What I dont get about all this is the FA and Premier League still allowing players to give the black power salute.
This has been brought to their attention and still they allow it.
I find it offensive, in the same way that I would find it offensive if a player gave a Nazi salute.
Of course the big difference here is that the Nazi salute would be jumped on and the police involved, but the black power salute is tolerated.
They, the FA and Premier League, have painted themselves into a corner by jumping straight into bed with these poeple in their eagreness to be seen to be woke, instead of doing a bit of homework first.
We already had "Kick it out", and they should have allied themselves through that.

They probably need another fortnight to catch on having been 'blindsided' by BLM anyway!

The irony being I think it was only 4 or so months ago Kick It Out were arguing that it was about time the PL actually did something other than pay lip service - and now they've been tossed aside completely.

As you say, it should've been more prominent support through them, rather than effectively sidelining them.

Meself, unless I've missed a bit of history, I don't have a problem with the black power salute (open to being educated) as I just associate with the Panthers. But it is trite doing it in this country, so I more than accept the Nazi comparison there.

The fist isn't a 'black power' thing really.

The raised fist, or the clenched fist, is a symbol of solidarity and support. It is also used as a salute to express unity, strength, defiance, or resistance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist#:~:text=The raised fist, or the,strength, defiance, or resistance.
By the late 1960s, Black Power came to represent the demand for more immediate violent action to counter American white supremacy. Most of these ideas were influenced by Malcolm X's criticism of Martin Luther King Jr.'s peaceful protest methods
The above was taken from the Black power movement on Wiki.