US Politics Thread | Page 572 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

You can't fucking win with these Americans TBH.

I follow a lot of people on twitter who I look at as rightist but who are probably more like Libertarians. These fuckers are now saying they want nothing to do with AWS and that want to remove their entire operations from the stack to someone truly for 'freedom'.

Too many of these people are too dumb to see what is happening. The moves being made by these companies is as much about national security as it is left media pressure. No company is looking to end freedoms or freedom of speech and none of them have the power to do so.

Parler and other smaller outlets are a national security threat, it contains a lot of dangerous dialogue and they needed to be taken out completely. There is no middle ground.

Chinese and Russian agitators are involved in all of this and they will look to build a stack of options that can host another site so they can infiltrate the heart of America again. I don't think these people understand how quickly things can get out of hand. I am sure the FBI and CIA is all over this. America's cloud and data systems have been infiltrated and in the hands of foreign powers for months.

This administration has severely weakened America and has publicly said so. I am venting a little because this wouldn't be a big issue except there may well be more Timothy McVeigh's out there now.

It is an interesting debate (and maybe one for another thread?) where we draw the line. We are part of social media and I am not always sure where the line is/should be. Removed the fruit loop conspiracy theorist off here, is it right, wrong, indifferent. Not a simple answer.

It's a funny one when you broaden it out but it might only interest us two lol

Hancock saying 'editorial decisions' is bang wrong though, if you repeatedly breach any T&C's you get canned - that's not making an editorial standpoint and on Trump his posts were 100% harmful in a way they wouldn't be for another user saying the same thing.

Reach, readership, power, position, influence and so on.

It is an interesting debate (and maybe one for another thread?) where we draw the line. We are part of social media and I am not always sure where the line is/should be. Removed the fruit loop conspiracy theorist off here, is it right, wrong, indifferent. Not a simple answer.
IMO, regulate Twitter, Facebook, Google etc as though they are public utilities.

Spot on - nothing to do with freedom of speech or editorial viewpoints.

I did think Parler would hold out for longer though given they grew by gaining banned Twatbook members.